BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
We are looking for a Recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition team. You will manage full-cycle recruiting for our BuzzFeeds Tech organization.
BuzzFeed is working remotely through at least August 2021, but this role will be tied to either our NYC or LA office. Being based in one of these locations is ideal for time zone consistency & the eventual return to our office (which, we promise, is really awesome).
As a Technical Recruiter, you will report to the Manager of Talent Acquisition & help to implement recruiting strategies to identify & attract qualified candidates for our Technology teams Engineering, Data, Product, & Design. Youll partner with leads across the Tech organization to evaluate candidate experience, the recruiting processes, & source top talent on a global scale. You will draw on knowledge of Talent Acquisition & technology, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers & HR business partners. You are known for being exceptional at candidate generation, client/account management, & organization.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting, sourcing & building relationships with candidates, creating positive interview experiences, & managing the offer process in a high-volume recruiting environment.
- Help to create a global sourcing strategy that builds diverse candidate pipelines across our industry & levels.
- Help to support the hiring needs across our Tech & IT orgs
- Complete market research to understand where external talent pools exist & work collaboratively with internal teams to execute on diversity sourcing initiatives to tap into those talent pools.
- Analyze data to identify areas of improvement & provide data-driven recommendations to guide decisions related to future diversity sourcing strategies.
- Identify external organizations, local events & conferences that help create new sourcing channels for both our short-term & long-term hiring needs.
- Identify, organize and/or attend a variety of recruitment events to build our talent pipeline & promote BuzzFeeds employment brand
- Contribute to BuzzFeed Careers social media presence on Twitter & Instagram
- 2+ years of recruiting or sourcing experience
- Prior experience recruiting for Tech positions (Engineering, Product, Design, Data Science, etc).
- Experience utilizing various sourcing methods to identify & connect with talent.
- Top-notch communication skills, expressed by your ability to write compelling, customized, & relevant sourcing messages & to conduct interviews that leave candidates feeling inspired & excited about BuzzFeed.
- An understanding of the entire recruiting life-cycle & the ability to operate within each stage.
- Proficiency using an ATS (we use Greenhouse)
- Experience sourcing, interviewing, negotiating, & networking with candidates at all levels of an organization.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.