NLU Software Engineer - Arabic
Humanizing Digital Experiences
Kasistos Digital Experience Platform, KAI, is designed for financial institutions to deliver the industrys most amazing Conversational AI powered intelligent virtual assistants to their customers. KAI is open & extensible, & also fluent in the language of banking & finance. From simple retail transactions to the complex demands of corporate banks & wealth management, financial institutions can deliver meaningful digital interactions with KAI that help build their digital brand.
Financial institutions around the world use KAI, including DBS Bank, J.P. Morgan, Mastercard, Standard Chartered, TD Bank, & Manulife Bank among others. They chose KAI for its proven track record to drive business results while improving customer experiences. The platform is used by millions of consumers around the world, all the time, across multiple channels, in different languages, & is optimized for performance, scalability, security, & compliance.
As a Senior Software Engineer for Kasistos Applications team, you will be responsible for expanding our product offering by designing & developing, an enterprise-grade virtual assistant which is fluent in Arabic. In this role, you will be responsible for the entire scope of delivering a conversational system from the natural language understanding (NLU), to the application flow & context handling, to the natural language generation (NLG).
This position is for someone who has a passion for NLP & is interested in the big picture of how an AI platform works. You should have the ability to work independently within a small, creative, deadline-driven environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow professionally within a fast-moving tech startup while having a major impact on a product that will be used by millions.
What you will be doing
- Writing high quality & maintainable code
- Managing large & complex Arabic datasets
- Developing statistical models for NLU
- Customizing AI reasoning & conversational flows
- Translating from English to Arabic to configure prompts & messages
- Interfacing with senior management & other stakeholders to define software requirements & take the lead on operational & technical projects in a fast-paced startup environment
- Working closely with Product & Engineering partners to lead the technical design & ownership of projects with major company impact
What you need in this position
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with Java & Python programming languages
- You must be a native Arabic speaker for this role. Understanding of different dialects across the Middle East is a plus
- You must be comfortable working with language data & know about the structure of language. A background in Linguistics is a big plus
- Experience with Microservices & RESTful APIs
- Extensive experience applying good software design & testing
- Experience building scalable, reliable distributed systems
- Strong ability for teamwork & motivation for collaborations & good communication & organizational skills
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or similar degree
- Educational background in AI, NLP technology or Computational linguistics is a plus
- Familiarity with agile methodologies is a plus
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Ground floor opportunity within rapidly growing tech startup
- Great collaborative team environment
- Full Benefits
- Fun perks
Location New York City, Flatiron District
We welcome your cover letter with a description of your previous complete experience & your resume. Kasisto is an equal opportunity employer.