The Advanced Analytics Specialist is responsible for helping build our best-in-class Supply Chain Analytics. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for working with data to creatively & tenaciously solve complex problems. Your ultimate goal is use data to drive the right business outcomes & build strong relationships with the Technology & Supply Chain Operations teams you partner with.
What youll be working on
- Analytics: Work with large, messy, disparate datasets & conduct ad hoc back of the envelope analyses to quickly inform critical business decisions
- Modeling: Develop & improve upon our methodology for demand forecasting & inventory replenishment logic with some of the best data scientists in the industry
- Strategy: Design scalable workflows & tools to automate processes that would otherwise be manual & time-consuming
Youre a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have & can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends & colleagues to know whats happening in the world & staying in the know. You have a passion for working with data to deliver actionable guidance & drive business performance. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change & you have these main skills:
- Expert at SQL & Excel - ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must
- Strong business acumen & scrappiness - you approach problems in a scientific manner but can also execute pragmatically
- Excellent analytical, organizational, & written/verbal communication skills
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a highly analytical & data intensive role at a startup and/or finance/consulting firm (not including internships)
- BA/BS degree in Economics/Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent practical experience; MBA or relevant Master's Degree from a top-tier program is strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience with VBA, R, Python, Looker, Tableau or other data analysis/visualization tools is a plus
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking why not, looking where no ones looked before & crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing & building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise & delight all while saving consumers every penny possible & were just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning & of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm & youre capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch youd look good in purple.