Here at Appian, were passionate about automation, speed, & efficiency; & the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, to Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution & communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, & partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian.
Information Technology is a critical part of Appians strategy. We are looking for a hands-on IT Manager with excellent technical skills & a passion to excel at leading within an elite organization. Appians IT focus is progressive & modern. Your desire to employ state of the art technologies is critical for this position.
Appians Information Technology department provides corporate infrastructure, software, support & services. A Manager that is eager to be involved in many different areas of business & hands-on technical responsibility is required. Prior experience working with software development & cloud organizations is highly preferred.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Manage one or more small teams within the Information Technology department in accordance with organizational policies & goals.
- Implement & maintain policies, procedures & goals that support the organization's IT needs.
- Help business operations groups utilize information systems to improve their efficiency.
- Ensure computer equipment, hardware, & software is maintained to meet the functional & security needs of the organization.
- May be responsible for evaluating inventory needs & implementing strategies to ensure adequate levels are maintained.
- Minimize organizational cost through product standardization & tracking.
- Support financial & technical audits.
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Immersing you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Appian affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- A wide variety of growth & development opportunities such as: Appian product training & Appian certification sponsorship, our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning & Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, & tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Unlimited (flex) PTO & flexible working hours.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in an IT related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience implementing ITIL methodologies around Service Desk operations & delivery.
- Demonstrated success building teams with early career hires & developing them through more senior roles.
- Knowledge of operating systems (Unix, Mac OS, and/or Windows), virtual environments (e.g. AWS, Google Compute Engine, VMware), security concepts & technologies, telecommunications & collaboration technologies, & networking concepts (subletting, VLANs).
- Attention to detail & exceptional customer service skills, with a demonstrated passion for the role & mentoring others.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience as a manager in a high-tech company
- ITIL Certification & other relevant technical certifications
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.