The Acquisition Software team at Peloton is responsible for building products & features for our e-commerce platforms (Web & POS). In the past year, Peloton has expanded our product offering to include a Bike, Treadmill & now a Digital product. During this expansion, our team has crafted exceptional user experiences to promote our wide variety of product offerings across all of our e-commerce platforms.
As a Technical Program Manager you will be responsible for managing & coordinating Pelotons online marketing & E-commerce experience, maximizing customer comprehension & conversion. It will be your responsibility to be relentless in getting things done. As the Technical Program Manager, you will help our teams maintain organization while continuing to improve on process & communication. It will be your job to wear multiple hats, & go beyond the normal expectations.
The ideal candidate will have functional & technical experience, & be an expert in project management systems including Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet.
- Be the Scrum Master, evangelist, & coach for agile development
- Drive the teams in aligning with Agile best practices
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies (daily stand ups, planning, grooming, retrospectives)
- Use Jira to manage sprints & workflows
- Help create self-organized teams that drive continuous improvement to our systems & service reliability
- Create project plans, identify constraints & risks, & provide mitigation plans
- Responsible for regular reporting to key stakeholders on project & program status
- Help track & analyze incidents as part of a continual improvement process
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Engineering, SDET & Design in order to deliver against quarterly & annual roadmap objectives
- Wear multiple hats with willingness to go beyond your own role
- Help build consensus between teams
- Escalate issues appropriately where necessary
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 3+ years project management experience related to technology
- Experience in Agile methodologies, including managing execution, backlogs, etc., & with Agile Software, lean methodology, & JIRA
- Strong understanding of story points & Agile estimation systems
- Experience administering Jira for the purpose of leveraging & modifying Jira boards, workflows, & forms, as well as other features, to enable Jira to better support the team
- Energetic team player with excellent written communications, verbal communications, & conceptual skills
- Strong track record of project delivery & benefits realization
- Strong interpersonal communication, problem solving, negotiation, & organizational skills
- Excellent presentation & meeting facilitation skills
- Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track & pursuing solutions without supervision
- Experience in the identification, assessment, & management of risks; able to manage the risks, not just the risk list
- Experience in strategic planning & analysis
- Determined to deliver outcomes & able to overcome obstacles in order to move forward
- Accountable for the delivery of outcomes, strives to meet & exceed expectations
- Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements & is forward looking
- Strong analytical, problem solving & planning ability
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with capacity planning
- Experience in defining, implementing & coaching others in Program/Project Management methodologies & tactics
- Experience managing vendor & staff augmentation contractors
- Ability to mediate between competing product & technical priorities; align priorities & goals through collaboration with Technical Leads & Product Managers.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.