Squarespace is looking for an Engineering Manager for the User & Identity Platform team within the Foundations Platform Engineering group. Teams in the Foundations group develop building blocks & solutions to help accelerate & standardize product design & development.
The User & Identity Platform team is responsible for Squarespaces main login, & the authentication & authorization of all users. The team has historically been a product team, & with the move under Platform Engineering Group, is in the process of platformizing our identity stack. In this role, you will be reporting to a Sr. Engineering Manager in Foundations.
This role is a good fit for you if you:
- Are interested & have prior experience working on or closely with identity & auth systems
- Are passionate about architecting systems for scale
- Are good at service-oriented architecture design & best practices
- Have experience working on platform & product teams
- Have strong opinions about software development best practices
- Are comfortable working through ambiguity
- Have experience creating an inclusive & collaborative culture on your teams
- Are known for your communication skills & working well with across teams & with non-technical stakeholders
- Have 5+ years of backend programming experience, of which some is in Java
- Have 2+ years of prior engineering management experience
As a the Engineering Manager for the User & Identity Platform team, you will:
- Work with the product manager, designer, & engineers to deliver scalable & reliable identity & auth solutions for users of all Squarespace Products
- Build relationships across the organization to facilitate adoption of solutions
- Ensure security best practices are maintained
- Grow engineers through coaching, mentoring & feedback
- Build a healthy & inclusive culture within your team which encourages everyone to contribute
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $148,000 - $334,500 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, & location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) & coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, & Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.