AccuWeather, recognized & documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts & warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries & tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA & other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives & get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com & mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, & the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces & distributes news, weather content, & video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeathers many innovative & award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast Minute by Minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies & thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather is looking for a Localization Intern to join our team! This paid internship is available for 10-15 hours per week, mid-February to early April, & is based out of our Headquarters in State College, PA or office in New York City.
- You are a college student who can read, write, & communicate fluently in English as well as either Spanish, German, French, or Portuguese
- You pride yourself on attention to detail, & being highly organized
- You understand & are sensitive to cultural & language differences
- You are comfortable working independently or as a member of a team
- Participate in an audit of current translations on AccuWeather.com to understand current translation strategy
- Keep an organized record on terms that are translated incorrectly or used out of context
- Propose solutions to current translation mistakes or perceived issues
- Make formal suggestions on how to better translate & localize AccuWeather.com for users who speak a language other than English, and/or reside outside of the US
- Prepare a report for leadership to review in order to help guide future translation & localization strategy
- Work closely with internal & external SEO teams to optimize localization in respective language
- Must be currently an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a college or university or graduate program
- Previous internship experience desired
- Fluent in English as well as one of the following languages
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have knowledge & experience using Excel or other spreadsheet related software
- Must be able to develop an understanding of basic scientific & meteorological concepts.
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented & work well under pressure.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
- Sense of urgency. You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
- A team player. You have the ability to consistently build & maintain strong working relationships with your direct teammates as well as co-workers throughout AccuWeather.
- Communication. You have the ability to exchange information, both verbal & non-verbal, to anyone. You have solid speaking & writing skills. Your communication style ensures that all the organizational goals are achieved.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity & inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging & profitable.