Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices,attained unicorn status after our recent investment round,and been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're an information security leader with a background in security architecture or engineering. You have experience developing, implementing, & managing complex security programs that reduce operational risk.
You understand the importance of being flexible, creative, & resourceful in order to design an information security program that addresses the specific business challenges of an innovative, fast-growing SaaS platform. You know how to interact & communicate across the organization, using your domain knowledge & acumen to inspire confidence & trust amongst both technology & business leaders.
As Dataminr's Chief Information Security Officer, you'll own all elements of Dataminr's global information security program & be accountable for the security & protection of all information entrusted to Dataminr by its customers, partners, & employees. Ultimately, you'll be responsible for creating an organizational culture where information security is ingrained into the fabric of Dataminr's standard business operations.
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of Dataminr's security needs, priorities & opportunities in order to visualize, create, & execute on an information security program from its inception
- Design & develop an information security program roadmap to align & scale with company growth
- Lead security assessment & testing processes, including but not limited to penetration testing, vulnerability management, & secure software development at a global level
- Plan for & manage incident response plans while minimizing effect on the business
- Develop & extend security tooling & automation efforts across the organization
- Proactively identify security issues & potential threats & continuously build processes & design systems to watch for & protect against them
- Lead compliance activities including external audits, regulatory compliance projects, & overall information security reviews
- Educate the organization about these threats & implement threat protection measures at a global level
- Serve as information security expert in front of the Executive team
- Advocate for secure application & infrastructure best practices, ensuring a security presence at all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Manage relationships with external information security technology vendors & specialized information security professional services firms
- Attract, develop, & retain a highly talented team as the information security program grows
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the information security space, preferably with both large & small, high-growth companies
- Expert experience with cloud security, platforms & services, including understanding of current security offerings from leading cloud service providers (e.g. AWS), & their applicability to securing a SaaS enterprise security environment
- Experience in the evaluation & implementation of industry standard enterprise wide information security technologies & concepts, including but not limited to: Application Security, Cloud Security (AWS), Data Loss Prevention, Security Event Management, GRC Tools, Threat & Vulnerability Management & Identity & Access Management.
- Clear understanding of relevant information security governance, technical & security standards & regulations
- Familiarity with industry security standards including NIST 800-53, ISO 27001 & ISO 27018 as well as current data privacy regulations, including GDPR & regional standards.
- Deep knowledge of networking & network security
- Strong understanding & experience with Secure SDLC & DevSecOps or security automation
- Ability to work under pressure across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written & communication skills & ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.