At Stack Overflow, our mission is to serve developers. Whether were helping developers get answers to their questions or find new jobs, we build products that make millions of developers lives better every day.
As the Accounting Manager, EMEA at Stack Overflow youll be responsible for all of the day to day accounting functions of the UK & German entities. You will also develop & manage systems, processes, policies, & controls for the UK & Germany. You will be responsible for overseeing the compliance of daily & monthly accounting procedures for these two entities.
You will report directly to the Director of Accounting, based in NYC, & oversee the management & professional development of the Accounts Assistant in London.
What youll do:
- Facilitate month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries, accruals & account reconciliations.
- Liaise with external auditors & other external providers, assist with the preparation of audit files, schedules & other requested materials for the annual audit.
- UK & German Accounts Payable processing & payment, including employee expense reimbursement.
- Global AR management, including billing & collections inquiries.
- Process monthly payroll for UK & Germany.
- Assist with the development & implementation of accounting policies & procedures.
- Assist with the implementation of internal controls.
- Maintain VAT tax records & prepare returns.
- Maintenance & recording of UK fixed assets.
- Ensure accurate numbers are produced for commissions on a monthly basis globally.
- 2 3 years experience as an Accounting Manager or Senior Accountant
- Accountancy qualification (ACCA etc)
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, detail oriented, work independently & a self-starter
- Experience processing payroll & related tax payments
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Friendliness, patience, diplomacy, & adaptability
- Smart & Gets Things Done mentality
- Experience with Intacct, Netsuite or other mid-market accounting cloud-based software
Nice to have:
- German language proficiency
- SaaS or digital advertising experience preferred
What youll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Stock Option Plan
- Great startup office including a professional barista espresso machine, table-tennis table, games room, lunch area, etc.
- Gym membership reimbursement (Up to 100 per month)
- Free (awesomely delicious) catered lunch daily, as well as breakfast, fruit, drinks & snacks
- State-of-the-art workstation with a huge monitor, ergonomic chair & height-adjustable desks
- A creative & fun environment where you are treated like an adult, & never poked with a sharp stick
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.