We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the team that develops the platform that drives the OIN. The Okta Integration Network (OIN) provides comprehensive single-sign-on, MFA, user management, & mobile integrations to over 5,000 cloud services, such as G Suite, Workday, Salesforce, Box, Slack, GitHub, & Atlassian. The team is responsible for designing & building a platform that enables a community of Okta developers, customers, & partners to rapidly & securely build, share, & monitor integrations. The platform also allows customers to search & discover new integrations in the OIN as well as give insights to partners on how their integrations are being used by customers. We are looking for smart, innovative & passionate engineers to join the team & help craft the future of the Okta Integration Network.
You share our passion & great pride in elegant solutions & will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, & an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative & flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle & individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers & reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies & the chance to have significant equity in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Design & implement core, high-performance, scalable & reliable cloud integration infrastructure components.
Interface with QA, Technical Support, Documentation & UX teams
- 5-7+ years experience with advanced Java.
- Understanding & appreciation for test driven development.
- Experience building integrations with REST, SOAP APIs.
- Experience with few of: Spring, Redis, REST, Maven, EC2, Memcached, MySQL & Tomcat.
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
Nice to haves:
- Experience building a provisioning platform or developing SCIM implementations or other user provisioning API's.
- Experience with Active Directory or other directory services.
- Experience building cloud connectors using Java SDK or SCIM.
- Knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication & authorization.
Overview of our Technology Stack:
- We use open source frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring & Backbone.js
- We run on best of breed infrastructure including MySQL, Tomcat, GitHub, Memcached, Redis, Kinesis & Elasticsearch
- We make extensive use of virtualization & containers: AWS, Vagrant, Docker
- Our weekly production releases are made possible by Continuous Integration & sophisticated build, test & release automation leveraging Maven, npm, yarn, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible & the like
- We participate in the OpenSource community with the likes of https://github.com/okta/okta-auth-js
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs.