Unity is looking for an experienced product designer to lead design efforts for new content authoring & integrating technologies. Working directly with senior designers, artists, product management, design, & engineering leaders, this person will play a key role in enabling the next generation of artists to build & manage visually outstanding content, consistently & efficiently at scale, with new, innovative, & accessible tools. The right candidate will combine design ability with a natural curiosity for technology, & a passion for empowering creativity.
In addition to helping establish our product vision, product designers at Unity work to clarify & advocate value for our users, engender alignment & consistency between products & exemplify the highest standards of inclusive design on our way to delivering innovative solutions to millions of Unity creators worldwide.
What youll be doing
- Employ design thinking to reason sophisticated systems & technology into intuitive, efficient, & joyful product experiences.
- Work with product management, product design, technical & production artists, UX research, & engineering leads to develop & refine product strategy & establish clear design goals.
- Create sketches, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, & high-fidelity comps to communicate product vision to internal & external partners.
- Conduct design reviews with senior leadership to ensure alignment with project goals.
- Collaborate with other designers to ensure consistency & coherence across Unity products.
- Promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, & inclusivity.
What were looking for
- A selective product design portfolio, showcasing project development from concept to completion, creative thought, a user-centric approach, awareness of technology & design craftmanship.
- The ability to initiate design conversations within a team or group context, to reason through complex problems, & arrive at elegant solutions in a collaborative way.
- Knowledge of content creation workflows & technical proficiency in some aspects is required.
- Excellent collaborator with strong verbal, visual, & written communication skills.
- A desire to promote visual excellence.
You might also have
- Experience designing consumer or professional products for multiple platforms.
- Previous consumer or tooling product design in media or content management, or content authoring tools.
- Familiarity with Unity, and/or other game engines.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the worlds leading platform for creating & operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, & others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unitys platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run & monetize interactive, real-time 2D & 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, & augmented & virtual reality devices.
The companys 1,800+ person research & development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable & positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.