The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade & frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a new pharmaceutical company that owns the end-to-end drug development process. Our proprietary technology allows us to integrate & improve clinical research for patients, providers, & sponsors, while executing clinical trials faster & cheaper.
The New Ventures team is responsible for building a new portfolio of biotech startups, by acquiring & in-licensing drug development programs that will be supported by TrialSparks clinical research engine. The Director will:
- thematically identify areas & therapeutic assets for TrialSpark to invest in
- lead the research & evaluation of those specific investment opportunities
- manage the structuring & negotiations through deal close
This position is core to the companys mission & critically important to the companys growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deeply evaluate therapeutic assets, including scientific data & clinical development plans
- Build a scientific & business case, including returns analysis, for each potential investment
- Negotiate financing & IP deal terms, with the support of TrialSparks transactions team
- Lead sourcing, & outreach; network with academics, patient advocacy groups, KOLs, biotechs, & entrepreneurs
- Research & write theses to identify investments & strategic partnerships to expand TrialSparks capabilities
Required education & experience
- Strong track record in negotiating & closing licensing transactions within the biopharma industry
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to work collaboratively internally & externally
- Entrepreneurial & highly-organized, with a desire to build a transformative company in the life sciences
Preferred education & experience
- Strong aptitude & genuine interest in science. Advanced technical degree is an advantage. MBA preferred, but not required.
- Previous investment experience, preferably in venture capital or public equities, is required. Will also consider experience from biotech equity research, life sciences business development, or top tier consulting firm.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.