A key leadership role in Vices commercial division, Vice+, the SVP Production leads & oversees Vices commercial production operations & output in North America, managing teams in New York, Los Angeles & Toronto.
The role reports directly in the North American Chief Revenue Officer, & is based in Vices Brooklyn HQ.
Vice+ Production is Vices full-service commercial production studio, producing best-in-class video & photo content, events & experiences for Vice, Virtue (Vices creative agency) & our brand & agency partners.
- Lead & manage a high-functioning, creatively ambitious, full service brand production studio team, with functions including physical & creative production, production pricing & budgeting, experiential production, music supervision & licensing, talent booking, & post production.
- Lead the strategic vision & operations for commercial production at Vice in NA
- Oversee full-time & freelance teams in the US (NY & LA) & Canada (Toronto)
- As a part of the 5-person leadership team of Vice+, partner with Sales, Creative, Strategy, Media leadership to set & implement Vice+s strategy
- Collaborate closely with executive, production, editorial, design, creative & strategy leadership across business lines
- Lead production responses & pitches to agency & brand briefs to secure & grow commercial production revenues
- Contribute production & strategic input & insight to brand-direct, creative agency & media agency pitches & proposals
- Overall responsibility & accountability for production profitability, ensuring margin targets are met & business levels maintained.
- Overall responsibility for building & managing the annual departmental budget, working closely with finance, HR & executive leadership.
- Overall responsibility & accountability for delivering a best-in-class client experience through all stages of production, & ensuring internal & client-expectations are met
- Build, develop & manage a network of key director & creative collaborator relationships.
- Design & assemble first-class production teams to deliver a wide range of output, including short & long-form documentary, social-first, commercial & short-form, & editorial-led branded content, across a subject matter that resonates with culturally informed audience.
- Ensure creative & executional excellence of output, partnering closely with creative leadership
- Develop, Implement & deploy processes, workflows, strategies & best practices to drive & enhance production function across the business
- Support overall business, revenue & profitability targets
- Provide framework & environment for the growth & development of the team
- Drive & foster a culture of creative & production excellence through the department
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years experience in production, with at least 7 years of experience in best-in-class commercial production & branded content
- At least 5 years of management / leadership experience
- Strong production finance understanding, company or departmental budget management & P&L management experience
- Experience in unscripted / documentary production is a must
- Diverse production experience is an advantage
- Experience leading large production teams, & high volume of output
- Excellent team management, development & leadership skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.