Proudly Farmers First!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation & technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network (FBN)!
FBN was created by farmers for farmers & is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce & community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability & sustainability of family farms & rural communities.
We are a dynamic, & innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation & benefits & is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price & Temasek.
The Developer will independently perform design, develop, modify, document & deliver highquality programming that meets the specific business needs. Developers will perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures & data processing requirements. Maintain & modify programs of considerable difficulty in a large & diverse user environment within a broad framework of standards, policies, & procedures, utilizing current techniques & methodologies.
- Lead complex projects/tasks that may involve multiple systems interactions or high risk & may require engaging multiple developers to accomplish the desired needs
- Responsible for successfully designing & delivering quality software application solutions on time & overall design of large solutions
- Serve as a subject matter expert for specific application(s)
- Using specialized domain expertise & coding experience, independently analyze & design unique technical specifications based on requirements of an approved solution & advise management of the best solution
- Using independent thought, knowledge & judgment of the application, develop & write code to meet business requirements for complex projects
- Perform unit tests on code to validate functionality
- Prepare necessary project documentation for one or multiple projects they are responsible & accountable for & deliver the documentation department manager.
- Provide accurate development effort estimates for new projects to the Business Systems Analysts
- Coach & advise junior level Software Developers by providing knowledge, expertise, guidance & recommendations in activities such as documentation, coding standards & existing business processes
- Take a lead role defining & implementing the user experience for new & existing applications
- Proven track record demonstrating the following competencies/skills:
- Critical thinking, distilling concepts to their essence, communicating clearly (both verbally & in writing)
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Ability to write clear & concise documents quickly
- Ability to be self-directed while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Ability to build bridges & resolve conflict successfully
- Ability to proactively anticipate & identify issues
- Strong negotiation & persuasion skills
- Maintain a high level of customer service & friendly atmosphere
- Foster a culture of safe behavior & environmental compliance at all times
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position along with effective oral & written communication skills, & excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 6 years programming experience.
- Ability to take responsibility for tasks - start to finish.
- Goal- & deadline-oriented.
- Proven testing & quality assurance experience.
- Knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Excellent organizational, time management, & communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.