TheCategory Specialist, Homeis responsible for ensuring their segment of the Home category has a market-leading assortment, a best-in-class customer experience & excellent financial performance across all of Walmarts eCommerce brands.
Your goal is to create the ultimate online destination for customers who turn to Jet.com, Walmart.com, & Hayneedle to furnish & decorate their homes.
Challenges youll be tackling:
Own your Category end to end across all our ecommerce brands
You will be responsible for the financial performance, assortment, merchandizing & pricing of your category across our portfolio of brands
Inspire entry-level category specialists as a key team member
You will play a key role onboarding, training & coaching entry level Category Specialists & will be expected to informally manage & mentor 1-3 Specialists soon after getting up to speed. Youll be a leader in helping create a high-performance, fun-loving & happy team that sets the standard for the company. Youll create clarity, generate energy, solve problems, help others, & push the paradigm of what a CS can accomplish.
Work with product & marketing to build your brands & enhance the customer experience
You will be working alongside embedded product, merchandising, marketing, & supply chain resources to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, & marketed to our customers across the USA.
- Be an expert in all systems & processes required to manage your category
- Own category financial targets, identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Learn & understand current industry trends while continually evolving the categorys assortment strategy through in-market expertise, & close any assortment gaps
- Own & optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors & third-party retailers
- Begin to own vendor relationships autonomously
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation & catalog data, & drive requirements into the search & browse experience Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Identify shopper experience & product work-flow enhancement opportunities & collaborate with product teams to execute
- Collaborate with marketing teams around category promotions
- Depending on the category & your readiness, you will act as a strong peer lead & begin to manage a small team of category specialists
How youll know its right:
- Youre looking to step up & love the thought of taking your experiences to the next level by learning & optimizing a new business in record time
- Youre a future people leader & want to start developing training & management skills
- Resilience & the drive to make an impact is part of your DNA; you crave accountability for the end to end operations of a Category
- Youre someone who sets the standard for inclusiveness, collaboration, & intellectual curiosity on your current team, & are looked at by your peers as a key resource & teacher
- Efficiency, productivity & optimization are hobbies, not theories you learnt in college
- You geek out over nice furniture / mattresses / bedding & can get passionate about our vision of helping every American have access to high quality, stylish home furnishings at great prices
- BA/BS degree, with 3-5 years of relevant professional experience within, but not limited to, an e-commerce or retail merchandising, category management, business development and/or strategy capacity at a top tier consulting or investment banking firm