About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the platform for office management. We help the worlds leading companies build, design, staff, & manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts & top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices & a deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices & create an environment that inspires their teams best work. Empowering others & building diverse & inclusive teams are core to Managed by Qs mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, & enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, & Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the worlds leading investors, including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft, & Staples. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, & want to spread opportunity within your community, wed love to meet you.
About the role:
As a Cleaning Supervisor, you are ultimately responsible for providing & maintaining the highest service quality at a number of client locations. This is achieved by coaching operators, assessing the space, & providing efficient recommendations. Our Supervisors work closely with internal employees & clients to understand the ever-changing requirements of each workspace.
- You are an organized, diligent, hard working leader & a great communicator. You only need to be asked something once & you internalize it & act on it.
- You are always professional -- able to lead by example & always hold the highest bar for integrity & respect whether you're with a Client, Field Operator or Engineer.
- You're able to multi-task & prioritize effectively, handling many accounts & Operators on any given night without letting any balls drop.
- You enjoy managing individuals, holding high expectations, & giving them the tools & the coaching to succeed.
- You are solutions-oriented & will do whatever it takes to problem solve for our Operators, clients & team.
- Become the subject matter expert on each client account within your team as well as maintaining accurate & up to date information in all Q systems
- Inspect, monitor, & recommend the correct cleaning solutions, supplies, & hardware to maintain cleaning quality in each space
- Responsible for proactively & reactively conducting performance management & professional development for Operators in your squad
- Be thoughtful & observant at account, always inquiring about upsell service opportunities
- Develop rapport with client in order to receive candid feedback on services while conducting scheduled or impromptu visits
- Maintain working knowledge of policies & procedures & effectively communicate to Operator base
- Maintain security of clients space by using best judgement while in possession of client access information/collateral
- Monitor attendance management & communication systems of your team
- Commit to continued learning & training throughout employment through a Learning Management System
- Comply with all safety policies & procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products or supplies & incident reporting
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 3+ years of management experience (preferably in a commercial cleaning setting)
- 3+ years experience with commercial cleaning (or related field)
- 2+ years professional experience in customer service or customer facing role.
- Fluent & comfortable with technology including Google applications & mobile devices
- Excellent time management skills & the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of people skills, the ability to effectively motivate a team
- Strong customer facing skills, & a passion for making people happy
- Ability to work 5 days a week (at least 40 hours), nights & weekends as needed
- Ability to speak & write English fluently
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to consistently maintain professionalism & a high level of customer service
- Willingness to travel to / from client accounts in New York
- Possess working smartphone that has the capabilities to download the Managed by Q application (iOS or Android) with a data plan
- Physical requirements include: walking & standing during the entire shift (often 4-8 hours), climbing stairs, bending, kneeling to clean floors, push & pull objects, lift & move objects (up to 50 lbs), repetitive bending & lifting, & repetitive arm movements
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 401(k) with company matching
- No cost premium option for medical & dental insurance
- Casual dress & pet-friendly office
- Team lunches, happy hours & company outings
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG