Title: Domain Expert
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Contract: January -- June 2021
Min. Experience: Bachelor's degree required, MA preferred
Hours: 37.5 per week (after training)
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI & public data to work for our clients, generating relevant & actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, & NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events & emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public & private sector organisations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, & respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth & innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 & Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team -- & help the world manage risk in real time. Youll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, & have fun while doing it!
About the role:
Dataminrs Domain Experts are an essential component of our companys success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality & making Dataminrs AI platform more advanced. As a Domain Expert, you will monitor & analyze our data feeds & annotate, label & edit signals in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process & our advanced realtime human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models. As a Domain Expert, you will also play a key role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning & AI models. Please note that this role requires rotational weekend work as well as projects & meetings outside of business hours.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; & (3) be an expert on breaking news & world events
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required. Concentration in Economics, International Relations, Communications/PR, Political Science, or a closely related field strongly preferred
- Highly adaptable & able to juggle multiple competing priorities during stressful events
- Deep understanding of geopolitical & risk issues
- Ability to monitor & analyze data in a fast-paced environment in English; ability to read & understand a second language preferred; Spanish, Portuguese, French, or German of interest.
- Passion for breaking news, current US & world events, technology, & a great understanding of both social media & publicly-available data
- Ability to work both collaboratively & independently within a team
- Strong online research skills
- Enthusiastic approach to innovation & strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Monitor & analyze the quality of our data feeds
- Annotate & label complex breaking news events
- Own & develop breaking news & politics-focused projects to improve our AI models
- Regularly conduct QA of data feeds to ensure quality standards
- Make real-time decisions with incomplete data
- Work with multiple stakeholders across all offices to support region-specific training
- Collaborate on & communicate about daily priorities in a team-centric environment
- Identify any software issues to elevate to our product & engineering teams
- Be a contributing team member, offering peer & upward feedback as necessary
Why you should work here:
- Remote working stipend
- Wellness support with Ginger IO & a wellness app fund
- Professional Development Fund
- Ad hoc remote company activities including wellness classes
- Employee referral program
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect & process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminrs job candidate privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/irecandidatenotice.