Who are we?
fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the entire household in the cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first cable replacement in the U.S, growing to nearly 250,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA & NHL games, all major soccer leagues, & a wide range of college & other sports. fuboTV also broadcasts a wide variety of news, movies, & entertainment programming including the FOX, NBC, CBS, & Turner broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMCand much more! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku & Chromecast.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer with a passion for crafting simple systems that solve complex problems.
As a member of the Video Input/Output team at fuboTV, you will work on low latency data processing systems that are placed under constant load with near real-time demands. Additionally, you will engineer elegant & reliable solutions for building on top of inconsistent cloud infrastructures that fuboTV uses to cost-effectively scale to support millions of concurrent users.
All fuboTV Backend Software Engineers must:
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain, & improve software systems
- Have 4+ years of experience in delivering working software
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Be familiar with REST APIs & SQL
- Have mastery of at least one modern backend stack, with a willingness to learn new technologies & methodologies
- Have an interest or experience in Go, message queues, and/or microservices
- Collaborate with other engineers & members of the fuboTV team to determine priorities & best practices, & refine functional requirements
Software Engineers on the Video Input/Output team are expected to have the following:
- 4+ years of experience delivering production-quality software in a high traffic environment (ideally in a strongly-typed language)
- Experience writing scalable backend applications
- Experience writing & deploying cloud-computed-hosted code (e.g. GCP, AWS)
- Solid understanding of relational & key-value store databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, cloud SaaS NoSQL/SQL)
- Familiarity with modern code-deployment toolchains (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Professional experience using modern log/metric aggregation software (e.g. Datadog, Elasticsearch + Kibana, Splunk)
- Experience debugging & profiling software run on a Linux operating system (e.g. GDB, PProf, etc.)
- Participate in an on-call rotation & act as a subject matter expert for fuboTV-internal groups
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous deployment, SOLID design principles, & agile (with a lowercase a) methodologies.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Enjoy learning new things & sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving & receiving honest (but polite) feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience & market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, & commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health & Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days & regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company