Director - Equity & Wages Administration
Roivant is seeking an energetic, experienced & dynamic payroll manager. The role will serve as the global payroll subject matter expert responsible for full-cycle payroll processing for a 200+ person organization that is expected to rapidly increase employee headcount in a multi-state environment. The position will manage all aspects of the payroll function for Roivant, including preparation, distribution, processing & reporting of payroll to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. The position will act as the primary contact for all payroll-related employee inquiries & will work closely with HR, the broader finance team & be the equity (stock options) administrator. The position will also support month end accounting & accruals (payroll, bonus) & equity administration & maintenance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage full cycle payroll operations (exempt & non-exempt) related to employee compensation & employee benefits, including but not limited to payroll processing, retroactive pay, new hires, bonuses, terminations, stock transactions & related federal & state tax compliance.
- Manage payroll workflow to ensure that all payroll transactions are processed accurately & timely & to ensure that all necessary control procedures occur prior to disbursement initiation.
- Partner closely with HR to understand & implement payroll status changes. Partner with HR & new employees to support onboarding process.
- Provides support to the accounting team in recording payroll related journal entries & performance of account reconciliations.
- Responsible for accurate quarterly & year end reporting, including but not limited to reconciling payroll Forms 941 filed by ADP on behalf of the Company, managing W2 reporting process, & working closely with equity administration to process Form 3921s & 1099s for stock transactions.
- Collaborate with outside vendors on the administration of the Companys payroll (401K, insurance, ADP).
- Provide exceptional customer service to all employees & stakeholders in the Company. Respond to a variety of payroll inquiries professionally & on a timely manner.
- Assist with payroll-related audits (workers compensation, 401K) & external financial statement audits & reviews
- Supports ad hoc financial & operational reporting, as needed.
- Maintains payroll documentation for internal compliance & support SOX controls for internal/external audit related to employee equity compensation matter
- Performs other duties related to payroll as needed.
- Manage equity administration process including day-to-day operations, employee education/training, equity grant process, expense reporting to finance/accounting, processing large vesting events, global equity taxation, & troubleshooting associated with employee equity compensation plans
- Support senior management with strategic equity & compensation requests
- Process year end equity filing requirements
- Collaborate with finance, tax, payroll, legal, & HR departments to drive continuous improvements in equity administration.
- Manage global regulatory compliance including taxation for mobile employees, tax withholding & reporting requirements, & securities laws.
- Perform routine audits to ensure that all data (grants, exercises, releases, forfeitures, terminations, purchases etc.) have been processed timely & correctly.
Core Competencies, Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Minimum of 7-12 years of payroll experience in rapidly growing organizations.
- BS/BA, payroll related certifications
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state, FICA, & local tax withholdings laws & regulations, including experience with pay practices for multiple states.
- Experience handling equity administration for a public company is a big plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail & completeness.
- Ability to manage & prioritize activities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, deductive reasoning, & analytical skills, resulting in solid recommendations for process improvement & issue resolution.
- Experience in a public company environment. Understanding of internal controls in area of employee compensation.
- Hands-on, strong work ethic & can-do attitude. Self-starter who takes ownership of role, has a high level of initiative & drive, & maintains a high level of integrity & confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Experience preparing journal entries & performing account reconciliations, researching variances, & recommending, performing remediation steps.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel (for example pivot tables & lookups)
- Experience with ADP WFN, ADP Time & Attendance & Workday.