Job Title: Platform Architect
Location: Old Street, London
Salary: 53,500 72,500
Job Open From: March 12, 2019 April 12, 2019
At Pivotal, our mission is to provide the software & expertise to enable customers to build a new class of digital applications as they transform their business.
We have a unique opportunity to help our customers transform using Pivotal Labs & Pivotal Cloud Foundry & we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability & building cloud native applications to drive customer engagement.
If you have expertise changing the software development lifecycle & want to be part of the next wave of cloud native applications we would like to talk.
We are looking for a customer focused, hands-on technical expert to support the sales activities in Connecticut.
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy & product roadmaps to executives & technical management
- Work with sales team to develop & implement account penetration strategies & drive the adoption of Pivotal solutions within strategic accounts.
- Work with external clients to understand requirements & define the scope of existing software
- Communicate the impact of emerging technologies to clients & influence the adoption of the most fundamental change in the software development lifecycle in our industry
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process & funding.
- Use knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales & field engineering teams propose the most optimal solution for the customer
- Present & market the design & value of proposed Pivotal solution & business case to customers & prospects, including costs & benefits
- Builds relationships with the account team, partners & customers in support of sales team objectives
- Configure & document Pivotal software, hardware & service solutions to meet customer & sales objectives. Participate in RFx & POCs. Complete required documentation
- Provide advice & assistance in procurement, delivery, installation, & maintenance of Pivotal software, hardware & service solutions
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing & Engineering during the development, launch & continuing refinement of Pivotal products
- Travel within your assigned territory is required.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years experience as a software pre-sales expert promoting devops and/or development tools
- Knowledge & experience with building & deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications based on Java (or equivalent languages) required.
- Comfortable in Java, with significant experience with Java SE & Java EE
- Experience with the Spring Framework is a very strong asset
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers & infrastructure as a service
- Analytical ability, problem solving skills & decision making skills
- Customer focused & results driven
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities