Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multi-stakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
The brand team at Circle is looking for a Senior Marketing Copywriter to join as an integral member of the broader marketing organization & bring our brand voice to life through social, campaigns, advertising, marketing emails, & the copy for our website. Youll be instrumental in both improving existing copy & developing the Circle brand voice moving forward.
Working directly with our designers, product marketing team, & marketing leads, & a writing style guide you help to evolve, youll concept, write, & edit a range of content so it shares a clear, concise, & consistent voice across all channels. Were looking for a performance & brand advocate who can think conceptually, write creatively, question strategically, & optimize continuously.
What youll work on:
- Develop promotional, multi-channel campaign copy that performs for landing pages, social media, paid media, branded events, video, & more.
- Using key messaging frameworks provided by our product marketing team, youll pull out value propositions & re-write for clarity & engagement.
- Own & evolve our writing style guide, build segment- & geo-specific rules, & identify gaps in our existing messaging to suggest ways to strengthen our brand voice.
- Collaborate with creative director, designers, & marketing leads on fresh creative strategies for each campaign.
- Tap your love for storytelling to develop engaging content hierarchy & information architecture in all our design work.
- Produce engaging, actionable, testable customer emails with eyeball-grabbing subject lines
- Write & edit content for employer brand & internal comms.
- Assist with long-form content on Circles blog & align in-product copy & Circle corporate comms to brand voice as needed.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multi-stakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What youll bring to Circle:
- While you may have never worked in-house or for a startup, you are totally obsessed with words & their power. You make the complex relatable & understand how difficult simple can be. You can talk to C-suite, large institutional investors, developers, policy makers, & total crypto geeks (and if you cant do this today, thats ok, we know youll dig deep to be able to do this tomorrow).
- A passion for or knowledge of the crypto space paired with a proactive eagerness to understand our customers, interview internal stakeholders, & learn on the fly.
- 5+ years of creative copywriting experience, preferably in a fast-paced, results-driven marketing setting.
- Comfortable writing for multiple projects on varying deadlines, working with cross-functional leads for course correction & buy-in.
- Participator in strategic kickoffs & creative reviews; experience working with agile teams, including quick adaptation & iteration.
- Strong communicator who can express ideas clearly not just on the page (or screen) but also in presentations & brainstorm sessions.
- Experience collaborating with external creative agencies & freelancers.
- Proactive fearlessness in the face of ambiguity.
- Eagle eyes & problem-solving brain.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Macbook preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.