The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This position is based in Secaucus, New Jersey & will report to the Consignor Relations Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact, identify & prioritize consignor emails & phone calls in a timely & professional manner
- Account manage & oversee issues; prioritize methods taken to solve issues
- Ability to multitask, solve escalated issues & priorities, & work independently
- Draft well-written emails to consignors explaining the consignment process & answering any questions that arise
- Research & answer questions from our existing consignors regarding issues related to their accounts & payments
- Negotiate pricing disputes & resolve concerns
- Resolve issues in a professional manner & diffuse any situations that may arise
- Work to develop a good rapport with our VIP consignors
- Work closely with various internal departments & contacts to resolve issues
- Ensure service information is accessible to other representatives
- Ability to calculate commission & monthly check preparation
- 2+ years of customer service, event, account or project management skills
- Experience with luxury goods & customers a plus
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task & excellent problem-solving skills; understand how decisions affect the outcome
- Excellent follow-through skills
- Manage competing priorities & know when to escalate issues
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Strong knowledge of ZenDesk & Microsoft Office, specifically Excelability to create & edit spreadsheets a must
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment
- College degree preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.