SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (STARSHIP) TEMPORARY
- Work with management, engineers, leads, welders, fabrication & maintenance personnel along with contractors to setup areas conducting hot work/confined space entry to ensure the safety of facility, equipment & personnel
- Monitor & observe hot work/confined space entry as it is being conducted, & afterwards, to identify & recognize hazardous conditions as early as possible, & mitigate the hazards & conditions in accordance with incident management best practices & SpaceX policies
- Recognize hazards & initiate protective action. If necessary, ensure the evacuation of all personnel in the event of a fire
- Check in-out daily equipment & tools to all site members
- Keeping all non-essential personnel clear of all areas conducting hot work
- Work with Environmental Health & Safety in conducting SpaceX hot work/confined space procedure
- Understand & operate fire alarms, suppression systems, and operate the various type of fire extinguishers
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, & is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 months
- LOCATION: Brownsville, TX
- SHIFT: Day shift & night shift; Alternate work schedule, 4 days & 3 days off then 3 days on & 4 days off
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Experience supporting operations in a production, manufacturing, or construction environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- OSHA-certified Fire Prevention Safety Training
- 1+ years of experience working with fire detection systems
- Ability to identify & implement efficient paths of action to finish the assigned work
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Previous knowledge and/or understanding of codes, rules, regulations & standards of electrical & mechanical equipment
- Ability to read & understand technical manuals & reports
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- An understanding of hot work generating processes including cutting, grinding, welding etc. & the hazards associated with these processes
- A basic understanding of flammable & combustible materials
- This position requires working up to 12 hours a day, 4 days & 3 days off then 3 days on & 4 days off
- Must be available for overtime & weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility is required
- Ability to work multiple shifts & change shifts with minimal notice
- Ability to stand for extended periods 8 hours minimum
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 25 lbs.) unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, & carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to work at elevated heights (up to 300 feet), including the use of ladders
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, & noise
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments heat, cold, rain
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level 1: $18.00/hour
Your actual level & base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis & may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge & skills, education, & experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for potential discretionary bonuses. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, & various other discounts & perks. You will also be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.