Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a talented analyst to join the Deal Desk team & provide overall in-region financial support for NAMER, East Region. This role gives you a platform to accelerate commercial momentum & regional growth while driving the regions financial targets & optimizing sales cycle time.
As the Commercial Finance Analyst -NAMER, your ability to build deep cross-functional partnerships & to clearly & consistently articulate recommended course of actions will determine your success.
You will partner with sales, sales operations, product managers, super network, pricing & packaging & the extended Twilios Finance team. You will have a significant impact in bringing Twilios core offerings & new innovations to market as you create & evaluate deal models, their impact to Twilios P&L & make recommendations on transactions & overall pricing & packaging strategies.Reporting to the Director of Deal Desk, you will have a significant impact on how Twilio shapes strategic deals & continues to accelerate its international growth.
Twilio is looking for a talented professional who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of working within financial analytics. They also have:
- Bachelors degree - particularly expertise in Economics, Business, Math or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in consulting, financial analysis, and/or pricing background preferred.
- Previous experience working with technology (software) companies a plus.
- Strong analytical skill set including Excel, SFDC & Keynote/PPT.
- Self-starter; takes ownership of goals & works to meet or exceed them.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills; able to build strong partnership with sales & cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally & in a matrixed environment.
- Fluent understanding of P&L dynamics & unit economics.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-pace & changing environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Support the development of deal metrics to report regional trends in pricing, product & customer requests. Partner closely with the Pricing & Packaging to set strategy & drive new pricing, packaging & discounting initiatives
- DRAW THE OWL: Partner with Sales Operations to accelerate the overall deal cycle by driving process improvements while maintaining financial rigor & accepted levels of control.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Proactively facilitate deal reviews, manage escalations & add valuable insights to promote responsible growth, navigate operational constraints & complexity & drive decision making.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across key stakeholders & functional teams within Twilio & assist on ad hoc finance projects.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Assess deal economics, recommend alternative deal structures & consistently evaluate/propose discounting level & overall financial terms & conditions to support non-standard customer transactions while helping to drive overall product mix & regional financial targets.
This position will be located in any applicable East Region geo, North America. We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.