At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
FP&A is an integral part of the decision-making process at Lyft, embedded within the business to ensure we maximize ROI & drive to the best possible P&L outcomes. Lyfts FP&A team is looking for a strong Financial Analyst to support our Public Policy organization.
The Public Policy team is the voice of the Lyft community to legislators & policymakers, charged with a multi-faceted mission that includes research, education, advocacy, & community outreach. The work we do lays the legal framework & policy foundation for the future of transportation.
- Directly support the Public Policy team to provide world-class analysis, monthly & quarterly forecasting & reporting to stakeholders across the organization
- Own the Monthly & Quarter-end close process end-to-end for key spends, flagging any potential issues/risks through timely variance analysis
- Partner with the accounting group to manage close timelines, process & reporting
- Assemble dynamic & comprehensive financial reports that evaluate current & future spend vs. plan & forecast by major initiatives, sub-team, & the Public Policy team
- Prepare executive-grade reporting to identify root causes/discrepancies, summarize findings, & make recommendations
- Undertake ad hoc analytics & special projects as directed by Leadership
- Seek out opportunities to create new processes & take on increasing business partnership relationships
- Support the overall rollup of OpEx for the General & Administrative Cost Centers
- Facilitate change management as necessary for purchase order process to ensure OpEx close is automated & accurate
- BA/BS with 2-3+ years of experience in financial planning & analytics in a rigorous environment (high growth company experience preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented & highly organized self starter with a drive to dig into complex problems
- Process improvement oriented
- Ability to organize & track overlapping tasks & assignments, with frequent priority changes.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Expert in Excel. Experience building complex formulas & manipulating large data sets
- Strong G-Sheet & Slide skills
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, with the ability to communicate & influence effectively across various departments
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.