Squarespace, the all-in-one website building platform that empowers anyone with a creative idea to succeed, is looking for two Marketing Interns to support our Media & Acquisition & Communications teams in our New York headquarters this summer. Our Marketing Interns should be motivated & results-driven students who are curious, analytical, & creative.
Our Media & Acquisition team is responsible for the paid ads youve seen on the subway or heard on your favorite podcast. As our intern, you should be passionate about learning the mechanics of media & have a keen eye for detail.
Our Communications team works across the entire organization to tell compelling stories about our people, products, & business to build awareness of Squarespace & establish it as a leading global brand. As our intern, you should be passionate about spreading Squarespaces message through many different forms of communication to both external & internal audiences.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Cover Letter Question:
In your cover letter please speak to an instance in which you had a difficult problem & explain how you solved it creatively.
MEDIA & ACQUISITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct research & outreach to inform media planning
- Collect data, monitor campaign efficacy, & report on the teams metrics for success; use data suggest tests & opportunities to improve performance
- Learn what makes an effective ad spot, document best practices & test results, & work with Creative to improve future campaigns
- Support marketing initiatives & help with administrative responsibilities
- Write media pitches & press materials
- Drive research across multiple projects
- Research, build, & maintain media lists
- Monitor relevant news outlets & create coverage reports
- General support on various external & internal communications activities & projects
- Current student with a graduation date of December 2019 or Spring 2020
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or other related field
- Previous marketing internship experience a plus
- Comfort working in Google Drive & Excel
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.