Design the products that power global trade
Flexports mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, & operations teams. We are seeking a design leader with a strong product vision to elevate the current offering & formulate a compelling business & research supported roadmap for the future. This individual sets a high bar for UX quality & knows how to consistently execute at that level. As a key stakeholder in the product development process, much collaboration will be required with Senior Leadership & the broader UX team. To be successful, this leader must be relentlessly curious, embrace change, think deeply, & communicate clearly. Join us as we lay the foundation of our vision for global trade.
As a Design Director on the App Platform team you & your team will focus on building products & frameworks that help our product teams build consistent & cohesive experiences. A key responsibility will be maintaining & evangelizing Flexports design language across our entire line of web & mobile products. Your team will be responsible for evolving our shared design components, visual style, & documentation. In pursuing this mission, youll empower teams throughout Flexport to build cohesive & scalable experiences in an efficient manner by maintaining design specifications, patterns, & reusable components.
- Help formulate the product vision for your product area.
- Hire, coach, & mentor excellent product designers.
- Inspire your team to push the boundaries towards innovation.
- Help designers collaborate with their Product, Engineering, Research, Data & Business counterparts.
- Be a strong partner to your Product, Engineering, Research, Data & Business peers.
- Align team priorities & deliverables to the companys overall strategic goals.
- Collaborate closely with your Design peers at Flexport to ensure we create a consistent & cohesive overall product.
- Ensure your team leverages & contributes to the Flexport Design System.
- Help evolve our current product design to align with Flexports brand in collaboration with the Brand Team.
- Help elevate Flexports Design community, culture, & processes.
You should have:
- Demonstrated long term thinking around strategic & business focused activities.
- Shipped many successful software products, ideally both desktop & mobile.
- 10+ years of professional experience, of which 5+ years is in management.
- Extensive experience conducting and/or collaborating with user research & data science to leverage their respective insights.
- Managed senior individual contributors.
- Experience building a team of 10 or more.
- Proven ability to lead through multiple levels of management leadership, & steer an organization.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience managing geographically & globally distributed teams
- Have worked on design systems in the past
- Have experience with HTML, CSS, React & like to prototype with code
- Have experience working with git
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.