About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
We are seeking an entrepreneurial leader to own the function & report directly to the President & COO. As Sr. Manager of Business Operations & Strategy, you will work across all teams to lead mission critical, cross-functional efforts, guide our strategic planning process & help drive execution on strategic initiatives.
You will build relationships with senior leaders in every area of the business in this highly visible & impactful role. You will be equal parts operator & strategist, ensuring we are not only able to build successful strategies, but also able to deliver them in a predictable way. You are organized, take initiative, & love to manage down to the details. Our expectation is that this is a position that sets you up to explore future roles on a variety of other teams within the company.
What Youll Do:
- Facilitate RTRs Strategic Planning Process from end to end. Partner with senior leaders across each function to ensure we are building innovative strategies that drive our financial objectives, ensuring strong prioritization to achieve those objectives, & delivering operational plans against them. Iterate on the process to improve outcomes.
- Partner with senior leadership to build our Annual Operating Plan. Package & gain executive buy-in of product & business roadmaps, serving as a bridge with the finance team to ensure our strategies achieve the right financial metrics.
- Partner with comms team to manage all Internal comms, be a key driver of RTRs culture of transparency & communication
- Guide the companys entire OKR process including formulation of OKRs at company & team level, monthly tracking & ongoing revisions
- Drive a culture of accountability through KPI tracking & OKR check-ins. Ensure we are creating clear goals for employees at every level.
- Own weekly, monthly & quarterly business reviews.
- Serve as a +1 on strategic initiatives when needed
- Evaluate organizational barriers to success & develop action plan to ensure the company runs with efficiency & transparency
- BA/BS required, MBA a plus
- 6+ years of experience in business operations, ecommerce or brand management, corporate strategy, consulting or banking
- Experience with consumer-facing brands, startup experience is a plus
- Youre highly analytical, & can understand & dissect data as well & run financial models
- Youre a master at strategic prioritization & decision making, & can effectively balance long term business goals with short term needs
- You have a founder mindset & an entrepreneurial spirit. Youre ready to take on tasks outside of role
- Youre resilient, & can be flexible with changing business needs & priorities
- Youre great at building relationships & trust within the organization.
- Youre a great simplifier, & can reduce complexity to ensure rapid decision making.
- You are process oriented, & are equally comfortable diving into existing processes or creating new ones.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $134,000-$168,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held. This position is also eligible for equity compensation.