BuzzFeed is looking for a project based Social Media Strategist to work on our new Pets vertical. You will provide social media support for the BuzzFeed team & manage multiple accounts.
The ideal candidate is able to navigate a fast-paced & dynamic work environment with efficiency & maturity. Were looking for a rockstar who is naturally organized & detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media & all things BuzzFeed someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement & communication skills.
Were looking for someone who is enthusiastic about social media, the internet, & community! Wed especially love someone who has worked in the pet space before & has knowledge about the pet world. This is a full-time 6-month project based role based in our New York office.
- Build a social strategy that promotes our content to the widest pet-loving audience
- Manage, create & publish original content on BuzzFeed Pets channels
- Work closely with our affiliate team to deliver on goals as a part of BuzzFeeds pet partnership with Amazon
- Manage & coordinate talent for a weekly livestream featuring pet trainers & influencers
- Engage with the social community, interact with relevant posts & cultivate relationships
- Partner with the research & data teams to improve strategy that results in productive growth in audience & engagement
- Demonstrate the ability to be additive to BuzzFeeds culture with a productive attitude & obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending & talking about on the internet
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Analyze & report out about social activity
- 1-2 years experience working with social media
- Proven organizational & administrative experience
- Have excellent communication skills, & great attention to detail & are proactive & able to work independently while remaining an excellent collaborator
- Have a positive & curious disposition & a genuine love for & excitement about the internet
- You have a passion for animals & pets!
- No formal cover letters, please.
- Instead of a cover letter:
- Provide links to your public social media accounts & examples of your previous work
- Summarize in one paragraph your vision for BuzzFeed Pets social handles
- Attach a resume!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.