The Walmart.com/Jet.com Merchandising Team is looking for individuals who can collaborate & thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate & foster innovative thinking, use & learn the latest tools & technology to analyze data & insights at scale, & above all else think every day about how to best meet the needs of our customers. The ideal candidate has demonstrated passion for managing a dynamic business, team, & cross functional partners as they will be working with several groups across the organization & will have ownership over a long-tail assortment within Walmart's eCommerce Entertainment business.
As a Planning Specialist for Music, Arts & Crafts, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning & forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories ensuring that assortment, price & availability are a win-win for our customers & Walmart.com/Jet.com. Creativity & agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends & synthesize information from multiple touch points providing financial plans & supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You wont do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues & have access to industry-leading merchandising tools & technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business & financial insights at scale. In addition to bringing the art to the science of retailing, were also counting on you to share your planning knowledge & expertise with your team & foster a collaborative & supportive environment.
About the Role:
- Coordinates, completes, & oversees job-related activities & assignments for merchandise planning & inventory management
- Ensures compliance with company policies & procedures & supports company mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity
- Maintains & executes financial plans & open-to-buy (OTB) forecasts for Merchandise Department; Oversees the placement & validation of buys within high-growth merchandise categories & departments & ensures maximization of financial metrics (sales, profit, turns etc) in close partnership with the category management & supply chain teams
- Reviews sales & profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met & summarizes issues/discrepancies. Provides input on key metrics for other category teams.
- Analyze & evaluate impact of key variables on business performance. Provides input into models, analysis, & evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on business performance.
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies; Reviews & approves inventory projections & buying strategies.
- Manages placement of orders; Provides input into assortment, pricing & shipping decisions. Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans & budgets
- Coaches less experienced team members & provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge & work performance.
- Mentors less experienced team members. Provides & supports the implementation of business solutions.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 2-4 years of experience in planning, buying, replenishment, finance or related field required.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money & live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission.