Are you a retail real estate expert with your finger fixed firmly on the pulse of the retail real estate market? A high-energy negotiator who lives for getting the best deals? Does the opportunity to open up tons of stores in some of the coolest neighborhoods around the country sound like a dream come true? If so, weve got the job for you at Warby Parker. Read on!
What youll do:
- Spearhead the real estate development process for our strategic real estate site selection plan
- Maintain a strong industry network of brokers, landlords & developers in all relevant areas
- Travel to required market areas to visually inspect & evaluate proposed sites, existing stores, & competitors in the area
- Ensure the site selection & acquisition process is humming & is in line with our corporate real estate strategies for store launches, remodels, & relocations
- Negotiate LOI & Lease terms for all real estate transactions
- Collaborate with internal & external teams to oversee the coordination & preparation of pro forma budgets for all real estate development projectsand present new opportunities to the internal Real Estate Committee for approval
- Grow the in house Real Estate team as needed
Who you are:
- A highly organized & focused negotiator who has experience with complex real estate lease negotiations
- An industry expert in retail real estate with a heavy concentration on street locations, lifestyle centers, & other off-mall leasing
- Equipped with at least 10 years of relevant experience & 5 years directing multi-unit retailer-side real estate (i.e., leadership, site selection, committee approvals, processes, & dealmaking)
- Skilled in real estate strategy & site selection
- Armed with a background in & a knack for negotiating complex lease provisions with Landlords of all sizes
- Equipped with a strong network of industry contacts that includes brokers & developers in retail (from street locations to lifestyle centers to malls)
- A technology lover whos highly computer-literate & proficient in spreadsheets, docs, & presentations
- Willing & able to travel (amount to be determined but not to exceed 50%)
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels & designing our frames in-house, were able to offer top-quality glasses & sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, weve set up headquarters in New York City & Nashville, built our own optical lab, & opened retail locations all around the U.S. & Canada. As we grow, were committed to proving that businesses can scale & be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in needto date, thats over five million pairs.
Of course, all work & no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering & learning opportunities, & just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, & identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (Were happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits & perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Flexible My Time vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends & family)
- And more (just ask!)