We are the world's most popular online marketplace for original educational resources. Our strategy of unlocking the wisdom & expertise of the worlds educators has helped us become the go-to place for finding the resources, knowledge, & inspiration educators need to teach at their best. We offer more than ~4 million free & paid resources, created by educators who understand what works. Our marketplace is growing every day to meet the evolving needs of the PreK-12 classroom. When educators get the resources & support they need, they're best equipped to inspire our next generation of learners.
TpT is a marketplace, but its also a community of dedicated, creative educators those who publish their resources & those who seek out solutions to real problems in their classrooms. We are grateful for their collaboration, their innovation, & their pioneering spirit. Together we support the educator connections that create magic for students everywhere.
Were Looking for a Head of Design
TpT is growing fast, youll help lead us through our next phase of growth. Were on a path to make proactive moves to elevate design & design thinking at TpT. Youll get to walk in the door ready to scale & manage a talented team of product designers, visual designers & researchers, operationalize the function, introduce new norms, strengthen current practices, & level it all up in a way that is as clarifying as it is inspiring.
Today, the demands on teachers are as high as theyve ever been. As our Head of Design you will be tasked with developing a team (with the right processes, systems, tools, & rituals) to help everyone at TpT create digital products, services, & experiences that deepen the relationships with our educator communities, wherever they are in the world.
- Scale the size & health of Design at TpT by attracting, developing, & retaining the best Product Design, Visual Design, & User Experience Research talent
- Codify our design team principles, processes, toolkits, & rituals (and empower all our designers to amplify the messages)
- Increase our thought-leadership & participation in design & tech design communities
- Lead & enforce product design best practices with our Engineering & Product counterparts
- Expand our brand & visual identity to account for current & future growth into new products, services, & audiences
- Inspire thoughtful & purposeful design initiatives by guiding the team to create desirable, usable, & clear interfaces for our educator communities
- Identify ways to improve the user experience by measurable user outcomes
- Create the conditions for a rigorous & challenging design environment
- Grow our user research & user testing function so we can continue to validate design decisions, interpret user feedback with critical hypotheses, & make tough decisions
Qualities of a Successful Candidate
- An actionable collection of learned experiences earned through years of previous design leadership that you are eager & able to transfer to our organization
- A bias towards action
- Road-tested & refined toolkits, methodologies, & frameworks that have track records of measurable results
- A knack for listening, learning, & identifying what is most important amongst a large set of priorities & data points
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with Engineering, Product, & Executives on company-level strategies, planning processes, & product roadmapping
- 10+ years of experience in design leadership roles within successful high-growth technology companies (Marketplace or Community-driven companies are a plus)
- 5+ years of Product Design management experience
- Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent Education experience
- Experience in education or at an e-commerce company
- Parental leave for both mothers & fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mothers Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)