The Enterprise Systems IT team, part of the broader CTO organization, is looking for a proactive & collaborative self-starter to support the teams mission to establish a best in class ERP solution by rolling out of a new S/4 HANA environment as the centerpiece of a transformed IT environment. Specifically, we are looking for deep SAP Development expertise. This position will be integral in assuring stable SAP operations & providing the necessary SAP applications' infrastructure that will allow us to achieve our IT & business objectives. You will interact with multiple stakeholders across the organization & will be instrumental in furthering the teams mission.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of an evolving business systems team in a high-growth global organization. You will have the opportunity to design, build & implement best practice SAP systems & processes. As manager of a development team, made up of internal & partner resources, working across a number of projects & initiatives. Overseeing full SAP development lifecycle adhering to best practices & standards. Providing thought leadership & direction for the SAP & Enterprise Systems roadmap ensuring the platform meets or exceeds the needs of the business.
The SAP Development Manager will work with the scrum teams to coordinate the day-to-day development activities for a given project(s). This includes providing input into project schedules & timelines, estimating delivery effort, managing development resources (both internal & external), & securing vendor resources to augment the team when necessary. The SAP Development Manager is accountable for delivery from the requirement gathering phase, into the Design, Build & Test phases, concluding with Deployment & Post Go-Live Support
Who you are:
- You have the ability to analyze technical problems & develop both long-term sustainable solutions & also quick tactical solutions;
- You can articulate complex concepts in a way that is understandable to non-technical stakeholders;
- You have excellent analysis & critical reasoning skills;
- You are a proactive problem solver, even in areas of uncertainty & ambiguity;
- You value the different strengths of your team, & have the ability to motivate, develop, mentor & coach;
- You possess strong collaboration skills & approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution;
- You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions;
- You empower & inspire your colleagues & team to take action & embrace the mindset that, "Together we can; and
- You are curious & are not afraid to dig deep & look in places that others ignore.
- Work with project management to define the scope of any new SAP project or program. This includes providing & maintaining a RICEF inventory & Fiori Apps
- Provide work planning input such as timing of key phases & milestones & estimates of Development activities
- Provide resource estimates to ensure we have the right number & type of people working on our projects
- Contribute to the planning for the Enterprise Systems team to ensure the level of resourcing remains viable & able to deliver against required demand
- Work with the scrum teams to determine various deployment approaches (i.e. phased rollout vs. big bang, number of Releases)
- Provide status updates, risks, issues, to the PM to the team & management
- Cultivate relationships with business partner teams & executives, technology leaders, vendors, & partners
- Work with our Architecture team to define & implement development standards for the SAP platform
- Ensure that functional & technical designs are being prepared in compliance with our Software Development Lifecycle
- Work with SAP Test Lead to ensure that scope of testing covers all of the projects requirements
- Track & publish development quality metrics
- Defect Management throughout test, deployment & post go live support
- Accountable for Functional Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Performance Testing & defined Operational Acceptance Testing
- Develop the cutover plan in conjunction with project teams to ensure correctness, alignment to technical standards & minimization of system downtime including execution, technical deployment testing, & contingency planning.
- Responsible for post go-live support & the successful transition of delivered functionality to enduring support teams
- Work with our SAP Basis team to provision the requisite Development, Testing & Production environments
- Work with Operations, Infrastructure & Security to ensure their needs are met or their products are responsibility integrated with the solution. Specifically, the SAP Solution Development Manager must ensure we are in compliance with our controls, compliance & audit standards & that the solutions we deliver are designed to operate.
- Responsible for the presentation of development metrics & complex technical issues to project steering committee & senior leadership
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required.
- Ability to lead projects with a cross functional team, external resource management, teamwork, commitment management.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills
- Adept & proactive at problem-solving & conflict resolution
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines & situations where conflicting priorities arise
- 7+ years' Experience architecting SAP Development & Integration solutions
- 3+ years' Experience with SAP S/4 Hana
- 3+ years' Experience with SAP Fiori
- Multiple full-lifecycle implementations
- Advanced degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Retail, eCommerce or manufacturing experience
- Agile (SCRUM) experience
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.