We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. Were hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. Were the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners & guests.
What were looking for
We are currently looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Manager position is responsible for the overall maintenance operation in the region & ensures the maintenance needs of all Vacasa properties. Some of the duties will include managing & mentoring a team of maintenance staff, assisting in the recruiting efforts of additional staff, & corresponding with our local team as well as our central management team. As a manager, you support your team & model the behaviors & actions that you expect from your team with attention to detail, professionalism, productivity, & reliability. The Maintenance Manager will ensure achievement of overall quality, guest satisfaction, & positive employee relations.
This is a salaried position. It is not a 9-5 job. You will be called upon after normal business hours, on weekends, & on holidays & flexibility is key.
What youll do
- Manage a team in a time-sensitive environment.
- Home repairs including appliance trouble-shooting, cable/wifi troubleshooting, basic knowledge of HVAC systems & light plumbing [to fix a leaky sink]
- Managing, mentoring, training, & supporting a small group of maintenance technicians/maintenance staff & assisting them when necessary with needs.
- Corresponding on a regular basis with the staff you manage.
- Corresponding on a regular basis via email & phone with the Local team & Central team.
- Ordering, maintaining & replenishing maintenance supplies & inventory.
- Assisting with scheduling & distribution of tickets.
- Ensuring maintenance staff follow through on assignments & giving instructions regarding work methods & routines.
- Covering for local team when necessary.
- Recommending performance evaluations, resolving problems, & implementing disciplinary action with appropriate team members & assistance from the human resources department.
- The job duties described, are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, & skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The skills youll need
- Communicator: proactively communicate with your maintenance team & local/central teams via email, phone, & in person to ensure that they are in the loop with all aspects of the job.
- Problem Solver: at Vacasa, we always seek to head problems off at the pass, but chaos theory prevails & we can't pre-solve for everything. When something doesn't go according to plan, you will need to go into action & work with teams across Vacasa to turn problems into opportunities.
- Can do/will do attitude: when guests are on vacation, we are our busiest. A willingness to help when needed is essential. This will include weekends & holidays.
- Natural born leader: as a Head of Maintenance, you will have a team of maintenance staff. Your ability to lead the team in a collective & positive way is essential.
- Computer Savvy: Our custom developed management software has set Vacasa apart as an industry leader. We use our system to manage all aspects of our business. While we will never ask you to do any coding, we will want you to be very comfortable using a computer. If you commonly find yourself saying, "I bet I can get on youtube & figure out how to do that.", you'll be just fine.
- Highly Organized: This position requires balancing competing priorities on a day to day & minute by minute basis. At Vacasa we are dedicated to providing the best tools possible to manage the workload, but there is a critical human piece that you will provide. We rely on you to balance those priorities & kick into action with your organization skills to manage the workload.
- Change Agent: At Vacasa, we firmly believe that every employee should be a stakeholder in improving our owner & guest experience. As an agent of change we will ask you to help identify areas where we have an opportunity to improve.
- The ability to lift up to 20 pounds
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture