Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our amazing EMEA team supporting our customers use of Twilios various products. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers & partners & function as a subject matter expert for Twilios platform.
Were looking for someone who is excited by solving tough problems & enjoys helping others work through complex technical issues. Youre a strong communicator to both technical & non-technical audiences via phone or email & youre able to empathize with frustrated customers from all backgrounds. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues on your team, help them with the day to day challenges, & are able to contribute ideas on how to improve the teams work.
You should have an understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem & experience in a telecom environment. Youve got strong time management skills, & are efficient at getting work done in a dynamic work environment while still following standard processes & procedures.
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to delight our customers! If youve got any of the below experience, wed love to hear from you.
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing, technical role.
- Ability to address customer concerns & provide feedback in a friendly, diplomatic & empathetic way; you treat customer problems like your own.
- Ability to provide ideas on product improvements in accordance with customers needs.
- Experience working in a team, & ability to advise on improvements for the team.
- Experience with troubleshooting & resolving QoS (Quality of Service) issues, including escalations to third parties.
- Knowledge of REST APIs with the ability to understand & troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Previous experience troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, & basics of SSL/TLS. Bonus: An understanding of WebRTC would be a plus.
- Past telecom experience, including knowledge of SIP & IP Telephony protocols.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline, or relevant experience related to this position.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- Help customers solve their technical challenges through tickets, phone calls, & chat conversations
- Interact, collaborate & network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management & Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- Twilio operates a 24x7 support model so the ability to work weekends & holidays (as needed) may be required.
The Technical Support team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with customers of all sizes to solve complex problems. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products & our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, & your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is based in Dublin. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.