WHO WE ARE
One third of the worlds food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, & greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry & an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply & demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics & real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, & enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, & the planet we all call home.
Were tackling some of the worlds biggest problems, & we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, wed love to meet you.
The Senior Director of Culinary Business Operations will help develop, launch, & manage all operational business components of Zume Culinary's expansion into food production. This includes establishing a process-oriented program management approach & standard business operating procedures, driving strong financial performance, & ensuring an exceptional B2B & end user experience. This role will implement an operational playbook to scale the culinary business operations across multiple markets.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with Finance to build budgets for any food brands or OEM concepts that Zume Culinary develops
- Partner with Finance to develop financial metrics for the business to measure growth, profitability, expense control, efficiency, & productivity
- Identify, track & communicate on KPIs
- Optimize unit economics for our multi-unit P&L
- Coordinate all aspects of business operations to execute Zumes business objectives, including partnering with Corporate Growth on market studies, working with Supply Chain on vendor/partner selection, working with Commercialization on co-manufacturing agreements, & ongoing vendor relationship management
- Develop the scope for, hire, & manage the culinary business operations team
- Develop, execute, & measure strategies that deliver on exceptional B2B customer experiences & end user experiences
- Establish SOP for operations, implement audit processes, & lead corrective efforts as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- 10+ years operations experience in multi-unit F&B
- 5+ years building large top-performing decentralized teams
- Strong understanding of a multi-unit P&L & key levers for optimizing unit economics
- Proven team builder with excellent training & leadership skills
- Proven success in concept expansion & replication
- Proven ability to work with geographically disparate cross-functional teams
- Entrepreneurial attitude, & ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Experience in restaurant-opening operations
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, & Vision for you & 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers & innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.