About Our Team
The Control Center product is designed to deploy & manage passwordless authentication in the enterprise & consumer space. We help our customers build, scale & secure their applications by providing a RESTful API & GUI interface for managing passwordless authentication. As user & application bases continue to expand, removing passwords from the authentication chain becomes critical to efficiently & cost-effectively scaling out passwordless authentication. The web development team is tasked to support features on the Control Center product line for user, authenticator & policy management, Developers on our team have an opportunity to demonstrate their wide range of development skills to meet the customers security needs.
HYPR is looking for an engineer who enjoys challenges & dives in where the team needs them. This position is responsible for the design, development, & maintenance of key product components. In addition, you will perform as an individual contributor & collaborate with peers. You will work on security products such as Control Center, Device Manager, Open Standards implementation of passwordless authentication that help customers build a secure environment. Next generation application management & analytics will also be the areas that you will work on.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement & test web UI components & related server side work
- Comprehensive automated testing at the component level
- Research, investigate & define new areas of technology to improve existing products or new product directions
- Work closely with the UX design team to incorporate Contribute to software designs with UX
- Good team player. Collaboration with team members, test engineering & QA is critical
- Self starter, able to learn quickly in a fast hands-on environment
- Encourage & follow Agile & Hybrid best practices
- Take initiative to assess & improve areas of the system needing
- Take pride in your work. Actively follow & promote web development best practices
- Strong knowledge of at-least one type system on top of JS (Flow, Typescript, Coffeescript)
- Expert level knowledge of webpack/npm or similar build system. Able to optimize & enhance build process
- Expert in at least one major web framework (Angular/React/Vue). Should be able to speak confidently of the advantages of one vs another
- Knowledgeable about web usability & user experience principles
- Advanced level CSS & styling, at lest one major CSS pre-processor. Must be able to translate digital design artifacts from the design team
- Good knowledge of clean code, modularity & design patterns
- Excellent analytical / trouble-shooting & debugging skills
- Demonstrated excellence in written & verbal communications
- Experience with end-to-end (vertical slice) feature development
- Works with QA & product to understand & refine requirements
- Exposure to at-least one major database: MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, MS SQL
- Advanced level SQL & related concepts including DDL, DML, stored procedures & similar
- Experience with the Spring framework with Java /Kotlin
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) principles & servers. One of Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Team City or similar.
- Experience with HTTP & REST web services
- Experience with Linux Servers & Scripting (Bash/Python)
5+ years of development designing, building & maintaining enterprise web based platform that services >100K users. Can be SaaS or On premise.
BS/MS in computer science or software engineering field.
Must be authorized to work in the US
Full Time Opportunity:
Not available at this time
What HYPR offers:
All frontend & backend engineers are Senior, youre joining a team of All Stars who consistently deliver the highest quality code & products in tight timelines
An organisation with a great work life balance. Many of our employees have families & responsibilities outside of the office that they are able to easily meet.
Extreme product focus, at HYPR youll never be spinning your wheels on tasks that do not matter. Everything we develop is cutting edge & important.
High levels of ownership, you will have full control of the development of the product you are focused on. We understand that we are able to do our best work when we can see the code of the entire process from end-to-end.
An emphasis on collaboration & access to giants in the industry. We achieve our best because we employ the best.
Competitive Salary & Equity offer with significant upside as we scale
Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, as well as FSA/HSA, 401k available & more
Generous equipment budget & customized workstation. You will have what you need to be successful
HYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.