FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland.
You dont have to be a die-hard fantasy sports fan to work here of course, it doesnt hurt. You do need to be a quick learner, strategic thinker & above all a great writer. You work fast, can change directions & dont get overwhelmed. Plus, you know how to think on both tactical & conceptual levels. Maybe you went to portfolio school, maybe you didnt regardless, youve got great work to show for your efforts. Havent tried Daily Fantasy Sports yet? Dont worry, we can teach you that.
About the Job
Your core responsibility as a Jr. Copywriter is to deliver outstanding copy including conversion-driven landing pages, branded copy, social content, event collateral, even some traditional advertising (print, radio, TV) not to mention, any ad hoc requests that come your way. Yes, youll get to grow your portfolio across the board, all while working on a large, national brand.
NOTE: Applications without a link to your portfolio or attached samples will NOT be considered.
Write best-in-class copy, including (but not limited to):
- Copy that adheres to established brand voice, tone & guidelines
- Conversion-oriented copy for landing pages & other online channels
- Branded collateral that achieves the goals of project stakeholders
- In-product copy that shows personality while staying functional
- Traditional advertising copy that stays on-concept to current campaigns
- Engaging social content to support promotions & marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with designers & front-end developers for overall performance of deliverables
- Edit copy thats not yours to be succinct & benefit-driven
- Assist in brainstorming big ideas (and/or naming them)
- Proofread your own copy & meet deadlines
- Assist more senior Creative Team members as necessary
- 1-2 years of web/marketing/traditional copywriting
- Familiarity with web copywriting best practices
- Experience writing for a specific brand (in-house, freelance or agency) across multiple mediums
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelors degree in advertising or related field
- Impressive portfolio
3 Signs This Is the Right Job for You
- You dont just write great copy. You can articulate why it works.
- You know proper grammar. And when to ignore it.
- Youve already thought of ways to improve this job description.
3 Signs This Is NOT the Right Job For You
- Youre afraid of testing new ideas.
- Youre really, really passionate when it comes to writing eloquent prose.
- You think fantasy sports are a waste of time.
What youll get in return:
- An exciting, fast-paced environment with real growth
- A chance to help shape a product thats used by a passionate user base
- Personal learning & development opportunities
- Flexible vacation allowance
- 401K plan with company match
- Attractive health insurance premiums
- A modern office with snacks, drinks, cold brew, ping-pong, foosball, & more
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity andinclusionin FanDuel meansthat we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.