Squarespace is looking for an accomplished Payroll Specialist to join our Payroll function to meet the needs of our growing company. You will work on our Finance team & partner with People Operations & Legal.
The Finance Team builds compliant processes that ensure seamless support of our growing organization. As the next member of our team, your work will support this through the preparation, distribution, & reporting of our payroll.
You will report to our Lead of Payroll & Compliance & report to our New York headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Overseeing accurate & efficient payroll processing of a 1,300+ growing global workforce, this includes:
- Payment of special transactions such as off cycle payments, retroactive pay, garnishments, & other statutory deductions
- Reconcile W-2 forms to ensure accurate entry of all compensation transactions, & quarterly Federal & State returns & amendments
- Help audit employee records in HRIS (UltiPro), in partnership with HR Generalists & Finance, to ensure they are accurate & up-to-date
- Resolve all payroll discrepancies, process semi-weekly adjustments, & answer employee inquiries
- Prepare 401(k) balancing & funding
- Coordinate with Accounting team to provide pay period end close activities & requests
- Partner with Payroll Lead & supporting departments to help with opportunities to test & automate current processes that promote efficiency & streamlining payroll processes
- Experience in Federal, State, & Local labor laws, payroll tax requirements, payroll regulations & industry changes that affect payroll operations
- Experience with payroll systems (Ultipro, ADP)
- Experience working with a team & support teams
- Intermediate to advanced Excel/Google Sheets proficiency & ability to work with large datasets
- Experience processing end-to-end payroll at a small to mid sized organization
- Capability to handle confidential & sensitive information
- A deep understanding of Payroll practices, legislation & regulation
- Experience working in global, multi-state private & public companies
- Certified Payroll Professional certification (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll certification FPC
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.