At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
Teachers Pay Teachers is looking for a Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to join our product marketing team. This is an important role as you will be responsible for growing & bringing products to market that empower educators all over the world.
In this role, youll need to have strong business acumen, a passion for understanding the customer & market opportunity, an ability to communicate complex messages with simplicity, & a drive to create an impact. Youll work with product management, design, engineering, marketing, customer experience, & other cross-functional teams to help make products successful. Whether you're defining the go-to-market strategy, planning & executing feature releases, or driving new product awareness & adoption strategies your contribution will be impactful to both the business & the educators we serve.
- Lead GTM, product launches, ongoing feature releases for our core Marketplace product
- Define & shape target audience, positioning, messaging, & creative execution across the customer journey, partnering across marketing & product teams
- Lead strategy for product rollout & communications, working cross-functionally & managing the marketing & in-product implementation that drives product engagement
- Expertly communicate day-to-day execution cross-functionally, including GTM plans, processes, messaging, metrics, updates & meeting outcomes
- Serve as an expert on our customers, competition, & the broader edtech marketplace, synthesizing customer, product, & market insights & identifying new opportunities for research & analysis that can inform our strategy & GTM
- Proactively identify process improvements & strategic adjustments that can help the organizations ability to meet its goals
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Product marketing experience, defining & driving new products, features, benefits, & ideas toward market launch rollout - particularly with multiple audiences in mind
- Demonstrated understanding of messaging strategy, user experience & persuasive marketing techniques in driving engagement with new or existing features or benefits
- A solid understanding of the full customer lifecycle & customer segmentation
- Experience with gathering & utilizing customer insights
- A demonstrated record of partnering cross-functionally across teams & levels, influencing to achieve business results
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.