SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans & thriving communities. As one of the worlds most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, & an artists services & distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
Our team is seeking an A&R Research Analyst whose primary responsibility will be to discover & evaluate unsigned Hip Hop, R&B & Alternative artists for the company. In this role you will analyze new music, construct statistical insights & predictive metrics & conduct research on artists. These efforts will be used to evaluate song performance, identify new artists, support promotion strategy, & improve the label's understanding of new music metrics. We take pride in our culture greatly, & only invite optimistic, talented, & motivated people to join our team.
- Construct statistical insights & predictive metrics
- Conduct research on artists & communicate unique qualitative & quantitative information
- Monitor unsigned artists across social media, streaming services, Web3 & metaverse platforms & other innovative developments to communicate any relevant milestones to the A&R team.
- Build predictive models & other analytical data tools to regularly evaluate unsigned & signed talent including earning potential
- Build & maintain a central music database
- Communicate closely with analytics & A&R teams in the gathering & application of music insights.
- Generate reports of the top artists ranked by the highest researching metrics.
- Develop new ways to evaluate unsigned talent via data collection
- Design & complete daily, monthly, weekly & adhoc commerce reporting
- Research industry trends, emerging digital services providers, & social media platforms
- Collaborate with Director of A&R to continually improve our A&R processes via consistent feedback & training sessions
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience at a record label (Major or Indy) or other related media or music tech companies
- Strong passion for music, specifically discovering new music
- In-depth knowledge of the independent music landscape & associated information sources (blogs, magazines, etc.)
- Prior experience (including internships) in an A&R and/or data-driven role
- Expertise with aggregating & manipulating robust sets of data to draw tangible insights
- Proficiency with SQL, Python, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to quickly acclimate with internal data analysis tools, experience with Looker a plus
- Knowledge of & familiarity with music monitoring platforms such as Music Connect, Mediabase, & Indify
- A team player that is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to help out the team
- Dedicated focus to positive client relations
- Keen interest in improving Music Industry knowledge & the desire to network
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York & Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), & the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate & connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity & inclusion at all levels of our organization & fostering a community where everyones voice, perspective & experience is respected & heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops & enrichment opportunities
Benefits for US:
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, & vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity & Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation & public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- Various snacks, goodies, & 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform & global community for everyone to create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry & strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, & women). You may also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, select organizations for the SoundCloud Community Fund to support, & more!