About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers & businesses. Thats why we build products to make it easy, quick, & inexpensive for them to innovate with AI, go to market faster, & build better customer experiences. We make teaching AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured $40M in funding up to date, backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, & Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing & hiring a diverse workforce.
You will support the customer team by providing pre & post sales technical support that will help us close new clients, retain current customers, & increase overall customer satisfaction.
You are the person on the customer team that assists with Clarifai's pre & post sales efforts. You love teaching & advising our customers about the complexities of our products & making our technology easy to understand.
You have a passion for AI & enjoy determining how our technology can help tackle customers business problems. You ask the right questions to gain an understanding of our customers' engineering requirements, so that we can successfully provide solutions to help them achieve their goals. You bring value to our customers by building relationships & communicating to both technical & non-technical audiences about AI, machine learning, architecture, & security.
We value confidence, communication, flexibility, teamwork, & a willingness to learn. You actively seek feedback on your own performance in order to identify areas of improvement & develop your strengths. We want you to be dedicated to the success of your role, the customer team, & Clarifai as a whole.
We are always thinking about career goals, & at a dynamic start-up like ours, there will be many opportunities for you to develop your engineering skills & use them to mentor others, especially as our company continues to grow.
What You Bring:
- 2-4 years of experience as a Sales Engineer or a similar role.
- Experience with AI/ML, & experience with computer vision is also a HUGE plus.
- Ability to complete a task with little supervision, organized, ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Experience working in a tech startup.
In your first month, you will jump right in. You will:
- Build relationships within the customer team & cross-functionally with the product team as well. We value collaboration & people who actively seek out opportunities to learn from those around them.
- Understand how the customer experience & support teams coordinate with the sales & business development teams to craft proof of concepts & work with customers to connect them with the correct solutions.
- Learn how to use, explain, & present our technology.
- Join your first few client meetings to understand our prospective customers most frequently asked questions.
- Learn about our value proposition & the advantages that we have over our competitors. We believe that it is important to be prepared by understanding the competitive landscape.
By the end of your first 3 months, you should be getting into a groove. You will:
- Participate in customer meetings to share your technical expertise & knowledge of our solutions.
- Lead & deliver technical product presentations, demonstrations, & evaluations for customers, prospects & internal sales personnel.
- Understand customers technical requirements & articulate how our platform can support their goals.
6 months down the road, you will:
- Provide strategic guidance & recommendations to clients throughout the sales process. We look to you to advise our customers & increase their engagement with our products.
- Participate in scalable & repeatable processes for customer pilots & proof of concepts. We appreciate innovation & creativity that allows us to make our sales process more effective & efficient.
In 12 months, you'll:
- Come up with new, creative ways to demonstrate & integrate our technology. We value innovation & want to continue iterating & improving our sales processes.