Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
Pre-Closing Specialists support the Local Operations in real-estate transaction processing. The ideal candidate has experience in the title & settlement industry specifically focused on closing purchase transactions in a high-volume environment. As part of the Centralized Services Unit (CSU), individual candidates will be placed in one or more departments within CSU based upon skills; previous experience and/or adaptability. The CSU provides a range escrow services for multiple states, including, but not limited to: order openings; all pre & post-closing responsibilities, & disbursements while focusing on maximizing efficiencies in order to assist the escrow branches with their day-to-day functions.
What Youll Do Here
- Order, track, receive payoffs, estoppel letters, utility bills & tax information
- Prepare & transmit commitment packages for parties to the transaction
- Maintain consistent communication with the assigned Closer regarding the status of items
- Ensure system is constantly updated with all email & phone communication
- Escalate issues to local operations & appropriate internal teams
- May be asked to help with other departments on an as needed basis from time to time
- Additional duties as may be assigned by management based on business needs
- 1+ years of experience in the title/escrow business.
- Ability to Multi-task but also work in a single task-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of standard closing concepts, practices, & procedures of the real estate settlement industry is helpful.
- Ability to manage high volume transactions in a paperless environment
- You like leveraging technology to do your job more efficiently, & may have implemented new processes or workflows in previous roles
- You are a flexible team member, & can jump in to help other team members, even if it is out of your normal job scope
- Ability to work under a self-directed model with limited supervision
- Experience with Qualia is a plus.