We are Via Ride with us!
Via is developing the operating system that manages & controls shared mobility at scale.
Our platform provides many millions of rides to consumers in NYC, Chicago, Washington DC, London, Berlin, Amsterdam & many more locations.
We are helping cities transition their bus systems from rigid lines & fixed schedules to on-demand networks of dynamic shuttles.
Our Tel-Aviv office is full of passionate & innovative professionals who love working together to make something great. If you are up for a challenge & have a true desire to make an impact - Come ride with us!
We are looking for a Algo DBA to join ourR&D center in TLV.
The position is to be part of a Algo team responsible for Viasresearch on a wide variety of topics, providing data insights , enlightening live dilemmas, & suggesting business/product actions.
You'll play a hands-on role in managing our end-to-end data services. Youll design, monitor, maintain & optimize our cloud based analytical databases. Youll be directly involved in all development phases, including designing schemes & supporting algorithm developers in the implementation of database-related code. Youll work closely with data analysts, scientists & Algo developers teams in our offices around the world ensuring an easy & optimal access to our ever-growing data.
- Design, monitor, maintain & optimize our cloud based analytical databases
- Develop & handle scripting for monitoring & deployment on all database services
- Oversee database security, storage, backup & recovery
- Perform databases capacity planning
- Develop & optimize data flows
- Optimize SQL queries
- Snowflake or Red-shift (management, performance tuning, Cluster)
- Technological degree (industrial engineering with expertise in information systems, computer science)
- 3+ years prior experience managing cloud based databases.
- A proven familiarity of these scripting languages: Bash, Python
- Excellent intercommunication skills, & a service-oriented team player
- ETL knowledge & experience. (managing Alteryx, Apache Airflow & such)
- Great English speaker