Data is a big deal at Index Exchange. Our advertising exchange generates multiple terabytes of auction-related information each day & our Data Engineering team builds tools & infrastructure to help manage this vast amount of data. Working within our larger R&D team, our Data Engineers use a specialized suite of tech & hardware to pipe, parse & maintain our data, including the oversight of a multi-petabyte cluster. Were looking for Engineers to join our team & help build the next generation of big data solutions at Index Exchange.
Working on the bleeding edge of exciting technology, youre afforded the opportunity to experiment with new tools & attempt radically different approaches than traditional software engineering affords. Every day with the Data team is different & each project presents its own set of new & exciting challenges. Things shift very quickly in our industry & we rely on the Data team to keep us ahead of the curve & moving in the right direction.
Heres what we want:
- Problem Solver: You are curious & loves exploring multiple approaches to find the most efficient, scalable solution & solve a problem
- Collaborative: You work well with other people
- Passionate: A passion for Big Data & an interest in the latest trends & developments constantly researching new tools & data technologies
- Self-starter: You are comfortable helping your team get things done
Heres what youll be doing:
- Design, implement, & maintain data pipelines for extraction, transformation, & loading of data from a wide variety of data sources to various data services
- Identify, design, & implement system performance improvements
- Identify, design, & implement internal process improvements
- Automate manual processes & optimize data delivery
You may or may not tick off every box, & thats ok. Each person brings a different background & different skills. If you think you are a good match for what we are looking for tell us why, & tell us what you are doing to improve yourself & well see what we can do to help!
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in a software engineering environment
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL systems
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or other equivalent technologies
- Proficiency in some of the following languages: Scala, Java, Python, Bash
- Experience with automated testing systems
- Mentorship, collaboration, & communication skills
- Knowledge of data modelling, data warehousing, ETL processes, & business intelligence reporting tools
- Experience working with CI/CD, containerization, & virtualization tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker
Why youll love working here:
- Office space in the vibrant downtown core, located near the new transit hub for GO Transit & GRT buses
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate & collaborate
- We don't have a dress code & we offer flexible work hours
- A solid work-life balance
- Free snacks & drinks, with catered lunches every day
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) & milestone outings
- 100% coverage for family health & dental benefits, RRSP matching, & a $5 Goodlife memberships
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYAt Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).