Okta is an enterprise grade identity management platform, built from the ground up in the cloud & delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta, organizations can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps organizations become more secure, make people more productive, & maintain compliance.
The Okta platform provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, & built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform & integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, & identity management systems.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our Customer Identity & Access Management Team. (CIAM) The CIAM Products Engineering group is responsible for building products that purely solve problems for CIAM customers with the goals of making identity simple & seamless. The products will be built with ease of use in mind & allow customers to solve hard problems including fine grained authorization between microservices, first party consent for compliance purposes, & customized end-user experiences.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology & delivering highly impactful customer-oriented products & solutions. You have experience developing enterprise-grade software in an object-oriented language, experience or knowledge in security, authentication, or identity. You excel with backend technologies, but can also go full stack when needed.
Why join this team?:
- Growth: Customer identity is a fast growing segment, you will be in the driver seat to help grow this team, & you have the opportunity to wear many hats.
- Scale: Few companies face the same scaling challenges as us due to our large customer base. Learn how to design & operate cloud services that are horizontal scalable.
- New challenge: There are many challenging problems to solve, from fraud prevention to services optimization.
- Best development methodology: We embrace the latest development methodology (code review, CI/CD, incremental roll out). Come learn how modern large scale enterprise software is developed & operated.
- Cloud first: We embrace Cloud throughout our stack, come learn AWS, Azure, GCP & many other Cloud technologies as part of your day job.
- Impact: Millions of customers depend on us as much as they depend on Internet. Join us to build a passwordless future to delight our customers.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design & implement core, high-performance, scalable software components & APIs
- Experience working in Agile software development organizations leveraging continuous integration & deployment practices
- Work with engineering management to scope & plan engineering efforts
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation & dev evangelists
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 7+ years of software development experience in an object-oriented language building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- Experience working with a system of scale
- Experience in RESTful API design
Nice to haves:
- Expertise in standard authentication & authorization protocols such as SAML, OAuth & OpenID Connect
- Experience building PAAS infrastructure and/or
- Experience with Java, Spring & Hibernate and/or high performance MySQL environments
Education & Training:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.