WHO WE ARE
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about whats now, whats next, & whats possible.
As a community of journalists & storytellers, business professionals, creators & technologists, we believe it is a moral & business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, & inclusion throughout our organization & media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, & our platforms, products, & partnerships.
Consumer Revenue is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about whats now, whats next, & whats possible.
The Consumer Revenue at Vox Media is responsible for digital & print subscriptions for New York Magazine, the Vox Contributions program, subscription audio products such as Cafe Insider, & the podcast industry newsletter Hot Pod.
WHAT YOULL DO
The Consumer Revenue organization is seeking a Business Analyst to work at the intersection of our business, analytics, & product teams. This role will report to the Director of Strategy & Operations, while partnering with stakeholders across marketing, product, & analytics. This candidate will:
- Partner with the Director of Strategy & Operations to implement strategies for sustainable consumer revenue growth, with an initial focus on New York Magazine.
- Conduct analyses on audience behavior & subscriber engagement to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, & create common understanding of how people are interacting with our platform & content.
- Work with business, marketing, & editorial leads to generate analysis & insights to evaluate new business development opportunities to support the growth of our subscription businesses.
- Partner with our marketing leads to analyze the impact of campaigns on click-through rates, conversation rates, & subscriber retention.
- Partner with product & analytics to collect insights from our on-site product testing to support the feature prioritization process.
- Support the Head of Consumer Revenue on special initiatives for the Consumer Revenue organization.
- Gather data from multiple platforms & deliver reports on KPI performance on a regular basis to consumer revenue leadership.
WHO YOU ARE
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role, with experience working with subscription data & product analytics.
- Expertise in web analytics tools (ie, Google Analytics, Pars.ly, etc.), business intelligence tools (Looker, Google Data Studio), & financial modeling tools (Google Sheets/Excel).
- Familiarity with A/B testing platforms, Google Tag Manager
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! Weve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, & sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOULL WORK
This job is located in New York. Were dedicated to the health & wellbeing of all of our employees, & when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves & create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products & services come from people with all manner of backgrounds & experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work & sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights & best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency & communication. Learn more about our values here, & our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, & how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
The salary range listed below represents the minimum & maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills & experience.