Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Embedded in the NYC Tech Hub, we are building a cross-functional team of data scientists, analysts & engineers with the mission to bring the modeling & analytical capabilities of our marketing organization to the next level.
As a Senior Manager, Data Engineering with HelloFresh, you will support the analytic needs of our Growth organization for HelloFresh US. You will play a pivotal role in helping us continue to succeed as the leading global meal kit provider. The Senior Manager, Data Engineering will solve challenging problems using customer & business data to build effective data products, & enable complex analysis & data science modeling; core responsibilities include the development & automation of data pipelines.
To succeed in this role you must demonstrate a desire to improve on existing approaches, not be afraid to jump in & get your hands dirty, & most importantly have a passion for data. You should strive to continuously drive improvements on data products & actively lead data engineering strategy to maximize both quality & velocity of our development.
- Lead a team of data engineers, providing mentorship, coaching, & regular feedback
- Develop & maintain effective data engineering process & procedures, & ensure on-time delivery of solutions without sacrificing sustainability & minimizing technical debt
- Partner with analytical peers & stakeholders to help develop & continuously refine the strategic & tactical roadmap & maintain focus on high impact activities
- Ensure effective documentation, solution design, thorough code review, & a high standard of data quality management
- Play an active role in leading data platforms & infrastructure innovation & strategy.
- Lead by example, & take a hands on approach to data engineering projects; make substantial code contributions, & lead the development of new frameworks & capabilities
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the data infrastructure at HelloFresh, working closely with other Data teams (analysts & data scientists) in order to drive value from our wealth of data.
- Collaborative: you can work hand in hand with stakeholders, data scientists, engineers, & other data professionals to realize the full value of data products.
- Sense of ownership: you take responsibility for your projects & pride in your work.
- Strategic & critical thinking: you get the smaller & the bigger picture.
At a minimum, you have...
- A MS in computer science, engineering, or equivalent software engineering experience.
- At least seven years of professional experience in Data Engineering. Past experience in Marketing Analytics is a plus. Experience with data science is a plus.
- At least four years experience leading a team of data engineers delivering solutions/products related to data infrastructure at scale.
- Highly proficient in Python & SQL. Proficient in Spark & distributed databases. Experience with Databricks or Hive tables a plus
- Experience in implementing best practices for data engineering, such as source control repositories, automated code deployments, data quality frameworks, etc.
- Experience developing ETL & creating pipelines for large datasets. Event streaming experience is a plus.
- Experience utilizing cloud infrastructure (AWS, Databricks/Delta Lake preferred)
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.