KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Katerra is a vertically integrated organization, meaning we design, manufacture & source all building materials, in addition to being both a General Contractor & Self-Performing all trades. Accordingly, our schedules do more than coordinate construction activities, they drive the entire enterprise. A scheduler at Katerra is expected to prepare, maintain & analyze bid, proposal, preconstruction, construction & as-built schedules. The scheduler at Katerra is more than just a facilitator of information, it is a critical thinker that can actively collaborate with all stake holders & bring value to the overall process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with design, supply-chain, manufacturing & construction teams to optimize end-to-end project schedules.
- Work with Business Intelligence team to use productivity data to drive schedule durations.
- Update project schedules weekly. Lead monthly update meeting & review sessions. Review & verify information from Project Team by visiting & walking the project construction site.
- Provide support to teams in assessing/documenting delays & impacts, alternate work plans & methods of construction.
- Prepare a Schedule Update Report narrative for each schedule update, which describes status of project milestones, describes any deviations from a previous update, & identifies any critical schedule issues.
- Create reports & layouts, which meet specific reporting requirements.
- Ensure that all projects have a BASELINE schedule established prior to GMP, an accurate "As-Built" schedule upon completion of the project & a once a month schedule update as a minimum.
- Provide scheduling assistance & education to project team members & direction to scheduling engineers.
- Review, monitor & critique the accuracy & realism of all schedules & narratives. Check schedule for deviations, critical path accuracy, imposed (constrained) dates, durations, logic, sequencing, scope of work (as a minimum). Challenge project team on critical schedule issues. Communicate critical schedule issues & concerns.
- Establish & maintain positive & effective working relationships with department, employees, clients, architects, subcontractors & vendors.
- Participate in process improvement & lessons learned process.
- The scheduler at Katerra isnt married to any one technology. The scheduler is open to any-and-all technologies that will optimize the process.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years' experience as a Scheduler in commercial construction
- Experience managing schedules & projects in remote locations
- Experience with 4D scheduling & P6 software a plus
- To be successful in this position, the Scheduler MUST be a self-starter with a track record of meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.