Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products andexperiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
The Director, Store Operations is responsible for building an operational foundation in order for Casper to scale to 200+ stores. This includes building a facilities strategy, owning inventory management, overseeing new store openings & establishing procurement budgets for operational stores.
The ideal candidate is an owner, an exceptional people leader, a master of cross-functional influence & comfortable being hands on.
This role reports to the VP, Global Retail.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Develop, lead & own facilities strategy for a fleet of 200+ stores. This includes ongoing maintenance, repairs & store renovation & refresh calendar.
- Develop, lead & own retail inventory management strategy from defining performance measures to allocation optimizations & BOH workflow definition. This includes but is not limited to defining & improving store carrying capacities & optimizing allocation planning.
- Lead new store opening program of next 200 Casper stores at minimum.
- Own special projects related to Retail & the development of operational policy & procedures such as loss prevention, workplace safety & workforce management.
- Own ongoing procurement for opened stores & define relevant budgets.
Our dream candidate is...
- 10-15+ years of experience leading Retail or Store Operations in a scaled retail environment with a fleet of 100+ stores.
- Proven ability to lead & execute complex programs or projects from scratch.
- Direct management experience of teams of at least 5+.
- Experience thriving in a matrix & collaborative environment.
- Global & multi-channel distribution experience
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!